PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats Mgt Boardroom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Minxi, and I'm assuming you are female and under 25, I will be kind.

I understand your frustration. But always bring facts not conjecture when talking on this board, and be ready to back them up with links. Also, stay away from personal attacks or slurs of any type. Or these people will eat you alive.

Good luck and try to start anew!

minxi501 said:
I think we've moved on from that, so I'm just gonna save myself the frustation of trying to justify saying that at this point.
I think the funny thing about the whole not signing FA's at this point is looking at Romeo Crennel/Cleveland. He's going out signing big players for big money, now everyone's gonna jump on saying, Cleveland won't go anywhere next year. But Romeo was successfull in New England under Belicheck, and I'm sure he learned a thing or two from him. So who is to say what he is doing will not work in Cleveland. The Patriots do what they do, and it usually works out for them, but that isn't to say teams that go out and sign big names cannot be sucessfull (see Eagles of 04' after signing TO, yes they didn't win SB, but made it there finally). I think you go out and find the best player suitable for the type of team. That being said somebody like Ty Law wouldn't be a bad move, except his agents are morons and Ty thinks he's worth $8 million a year, which he isnt.

Obviously, you didn't move on from it since you had the audactiy to PM telling me that the Holocaust was an example of "Survival of the Fittest".

As for the Browns, Crennel isn't Belichick and Savage isn't Pioli. They only "BIG NAME" they signed was LaCharles Bentley. And they did it similar to how the Pats signed Colvin. The other signings, even Jurivicius, were good signings. The Browns had to take a slightly different approach than the Patriots because they had over 30 million in cap to use. The Patriots had less than 17 million. And the Pats have a ton of their own CORE players who need to get extensions. Players like Seymour, Branch, and Koppen. Players who are free agents next year when the cap only goes up to 109 million. So, its in the Pats best interest to spend WISELY and not over-pay just because everyone else is.

Also, as has been pointed out, there are still plenty of free agents out there. This is only the 3rd day of free agency and, even now, you can see that some of the teams aren't throwing around a ton of money.

minxi501 said:
I think we've moved on from that, so I'm just gonna save myself the frustation of trying to justify saying that at this point.
I think the funny thing about the whole not signing FA's at this point is looking at Romeo Crennel/Cleveland. He's going out signing big players for big money, now everyone's gonna jump on saying, Cleveland won't go anywhere next year. But Romeo was successfull in New England under Belicheck, and I'm sure he learned a thing or two from him. So who is to say what he is doing will not work in Cleveland. The Patriots do what they do, and it usually works out for them, but that isn't to say teams that go out and sign big names cannot be sucessfull (see Eagles of 04' after signing TO, yes they didn't win SB, but made it there finally). I think you go out and find the best player suitable for the type of team. That being said somebody like Ty Law wouldn't be a bad move, except his agents are morons and Ty thinks he's worth $8 million a year, which he isnt.

I do not think you have the slightest clue how insulting your remark really was. To think people can just move on and treat you as human is simply not true.
Unless and until a real apology and understanding of why what you said is so wrong comes from you, I think you should be banned from this board. Unless you are about 15 years old and have no clue how hurtful what you said really is, there should be no place for you here. If you are that young and immature, ask for an explanation, if not - then go away please, you are a lost cause.

shirtsleeve said:

Ok shirtsleeve .... now your're on the hot seat .... explain that remark. :)

I think its best not to get too offended by what some ****weed on the Internet said. Life's too short, my friend.

I'm still waiting to hear Minibrain explain what Ted Washington has to do with free agency, though. Never seemed to come back to that.

shirtsleeve said:

!

shirtsleeve, being female and over 25, I object!!! There's no way it's female!! :p

JR4 said:
Ok shirtsleeve .... now your're on the hot seat .... explain that remark. :)

Sure. A handle like minxi sounds female. The manner in which she(?) speaks sounds young. The run on sentences, lack of punctuation and capitalization, etc. smack of the AIM crowd. I have a couple of kids in that age group, and that is how they communicate on line. :)

shirtsleeve said:
Sure. A handle like minxi sounds female. The manner in which she(?) speaks sounds young. The run on sentences, lack of punctuation and capitalization, etc. smack of the AIM crowd. I have a couple of kids in that age group, and that is how they communicate on line. :)

interesting .... :cool2:

It's possible that you don't understand

Mini,

I direct your attention to today's New York Times which has a story which illustrates where such "joking" can lead when it comes to stereotypes. To paraphrase; some knuckleheads in Paris kidnapped a young man for ransom. Because he was a Jew and "all Jews are rich and powerful", they demanded a $500K ransom. Now this poor pilgrim was not rich and neither was his family or friends. In fact the poor schmo sold cellphones for a living. They ended up killing him.

Think about it.

PS

and work on your impulse control

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST