PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats Mgt Boardroom

Status
Not open for further replies.
minxi501 said:
you know during a time when ur team isn't doing jack**** to sign any body, and a majority of the threads being started are negative (oh why arent we signing him, etc...) , i tryed to shed a bit of humour on the situation, at somebody's expense unfortunately, but maybe u should take it for it was a joke.. its pretty sad that people on this website are quicker to respond to a comment like the one i made than something actually pertaining to the subject matter... my apologies for trying to be somewhat comical, apparently i offended somebody, maybe u should learn to take a joke and accept somebodys apology

Judging by that post, you can't be any older than....10?

I was making more a reference to the fact that we have holes all around our team, with pieces to the puzzle about to walk out the door, while there are valuable players out there being signed, and yet the Patriots remain dormant (atleast from what we know) and it's a lil bit irritating, watching somebody like Jurivicious get signed and hearing how the Pat's "lowballed him". I understand this is how the Pat's do business, and as long as it works I should just accept it, but it didn't work so hot last year. Last year what significant additions did we make? The year before we grabbed Dillon (a relatively big name) and we win a super bowl.. Despite the Patriots proven sucess doing things their way, I'm growing impatient, and I'm sure I'm not alone there.

Just to try to segue back to the original intent of this thread.....

Isn't the moron who is championing the Snyder way of doing things here in this thread a clearer sign of how idiotic such a school of management thought it is?

Only the out of touch Jerry Springer stars want to be the NFL Champions of March.

2 words: Patience and Dignity

Last edited:
How long can we be expected to sit here and be patient when Belichick and Pioli are winning Super Bowls only half the time? And when it comes to the annual March Super Bowl, they are 0-6!!! I'm with Minibrain! Its not good enough, gentlemen! Not NEARLY good enough!

Pats67 said:
How long can we be expected to sit here and be patient when Belichick and Pioli are winning Super Bowls only half the time? And when it comes to the annual March Super Bowl, they are 0-6!!! I'm with Minibrain! Its not good enough, gentlemen! Not NEARLY good enough!

Exactly! Snyder has shown the success of his "system". His team actually won a playoff game last year in only his seventh season as an owner!

What i'm trying to say, if you read what i said, is that there is a correlation between what free agents you sign and how successfull your team is, otherwise it would come down to coaching, and Bill Belicheck isn't gonna be catching footballs from Tom Brady on the field. I don't believe just having the best coach or GM for that matter is good enough reason to assume you're team is going to be successfull. Football is a psyhical game, and as much as intelligence plays a role on the football field, so does raw talent. I could be wrong, but I think the longer the Patriots sit here w/o signing anybody the amount of players with either raw talent or intelligence or both is being greatly reduced. Hopefully the Patriots will have as much sucess in the draft this year as in years pass, I'm not convinced they can replace somebody like Vinateri or Givens through free agency if it comes to that

there is a correlation between what free agents you sign and how successfull your team is

It's like an onion. A really, really stupid onion. Layer upon layer of stupidity.

I hope when Minibrain's contract comes up, Ian exercises some "fiscal restraint."

Pats67 said:

I'm as happy as anyone with what Belichick and Pioli (and Kraft, et al) have done for the Patriots and us long awaiting (prior to 2001) fans. Still, I bet they would be the first to say that what's in the past is done, everyone's 0 - 0 and we want to excel over and over again. I personally never got tired of the Celtics winning through the Russell, Cowens and Bird eras. Go Patriots!

minxi501 said:
What i'm trying to say, if you read what i said, is that there is a correlation between what free agents you sign and how successfull your team is, otherwise it would come down to coaching, and Bill Belicheck isn't gonna be catching footballs from Tom Brady on the field. I don't believe just having the best coach or GM for that matter is good enough reason to assume you're team is going to be successfull. Football is a psyhical game, and as much as intelligence plays a role on the football field, so does raw talent. I could be wrong, but I think the longer the Patriots sit here w/o signing anybody the amount of players with either raw talent or intelligence or both is being greatly reduced. Hopefully the Patriots will have as much sucess in the draft this year as in years pass, I'm not convinced they can replace somebody like Vinateri or Givens through free agency if it comes to that

So once again, the Redskin way is the way to go?

Can you tell me for sure the Patriots would have won the Super Bowl in 03's without Ted Washington and Rodney Harrison? (hmmm, pretty big free agent signings)

Ted Washington was a trade.

minxi501 said:
Can you tell me for sure the Patriots would have won the Super Bowl in 03's without Ted Washington and Rodney Harrison? (hmmm, pretty big free agent signings)

And their BIGGEST FA broke his hip in the second game and didn't play another down that year. What did HE contribute that year? BTW Harrison didn't sign the first week of FA and Ted W. came via trade during the PS. So you still want to be first out of the starting gate?

Just signing FA's doesn't guarantee success. Steve Martin, Donald Hayes, and Victor Green didn't make us champs in 2002.

There is no direct correlation.

The only correlation is that BB and Pioli have been successful and have not had a losing season since 2000.

Last edited:
The Pats usually show patience this time of year. The problem last year was in judgment (Starks, Chad Brown, et al), not in timing. They also lost Derrick Mason because his wife preferred to live in Baltimore, though they reportedly offered the most money.

It looks like there's a lot of cap space, except that they need a kicker, several WRs, an experienced OL, and they need to extend Branch and Seymour.

Givens and AV have NOT yet left the fold. Neither has Dwight. So don't count the chicks as missing before they fly the coop. They may yet be back and FA is only 2 days old.

As always, these guys will spend to the cap. Relax and enjoy the show. I know I will.

Which occurred on August, 14, 2003. Which means at this point in 2003, you would have been whining that they weren't doing anything.

minxi501 said:
perhaps not a bad place for Kraft considering how cheap he is

Pretty bigoted comment there, Minxi. Also, how is Kraft cheap?

minxi501 said:
you know during a time when ur team isn't doing jack**** to sign any body, and a majority of the threads being started are negative (oh why arent we signing him, etc...) , i tryed to shed a bit of humour on the situation, at somebody's expense unfortunately, but maybe u should take it for it was a joke.. its pretty sad that people on this website are quicker to respond to a comment like the one i made than something actually pertaining to the subject matter... my apologies for trying to be somewhat comical, apparently i offended somebody, maybe u should learn to take a joke and accept somebodys apology

WTF do you know about what the Pats are doing in free agency? You don't. Neither does anyone else. They keep their talks quiet so that they don't have the idiot media blowing potential deals.

Your attempt at humor was pathetic. As for your anti-semetic remarks being a joke, well, I guess you think the Holocaust never happened either, I bet.

When you make a sincere apology without all the other garbage excuses, it might be accepted.

I think we've moved on from that, so I'm just gonna save myself the frustation of trying to justify saying that at this point.
I think the funny thing about the whole not signing FA's at this point is looking at Romeo Crennel/Cleveland. He's going out signing big players for big money, now everyone's gonna jump on saying, Cleveland won't go anywhere next year. But Romeo was successfull in New England under Belicheck, and I'm sure he learned a thing or two from him. So who is to say what he is doing will not work in Cleveland. The Patriots do what they do, and it usually works out for them, but that isn't to say teams that go out and sign big names cannot be sucessfull (see Eagles of 04' after signing TO, yes they didn't win SB, but made it there finally). I think you go out and find the best player suitable for the type of team. That being said somebody like Ty Law wouldn't be a bad move, except his agents are morons and Ty thinks he's worth $8 million a year, which he isnt.

minxi501 said:
I was making more a reference to the fact that we have holes all around our team, with pieces to the puzzle about to walk out the door, while there are valuable players out there being signed, and yet the Patriots remain dormant (atleast from what we know) and it's a lil bit irritating, watching somebody like Jurivicious get signed and hearing how the Pat's "lowballed him". I understand this is how the Pat's do business, and as long as it works I should just accept it, but it didn't work so hot last year. Last year what significant additions did we make? The year before we grabbed Dillon (a relatively big name) and we win a super bowl.. Despite the Patriots proven sucess doing things their way, I'm growing impatient, and I'm sure I'm not alone there.

In other words, you are dumb enough to believe WRONG BOGUS (aka Ron Borges), so we should forgive you for making stupid comments?

Last year, the Pats didn't have a lot of money to make significant additions. They also couldn't have expected to have 6 DBs on the IR by week 6 as well as 2 of their 5 starting O-linemen. Never mind being put in a hole when their lone starting ILB has to hang them up the day before TC is set to begin, leaving the Pats in a lurch.

So, spare me (and everyone else) your childish impatience and learn to deal with reality.

minxi501 said:

Pray tell, enlighten us on all these wonderful big name free agents the Pats signed in 2001? How about in 2003? I can only think of one that had any impact. That was Rodney Harrison. In 2003, the Pats waited until 2 weeks before the start of the season to get Ted Washington for a 3rd round pick.

Also, please enlighten us as to what great free agent signings that the Buccaneers and the Steelers made on their way to the SB?

Last edited:
minxi501 said:

Well, you have your facts wrong. Harrison was signed in 2003 and the Pats traded for Washington. Washington wasn't a free agent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes