PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats league-worst this decade in drafted receiver receptions, yards, TDs

besides bottom draft guys - Dobson and Mitchell could've been something, but Brady ruined Dobson with his harsh perfectionism, and Mitchell blew out his knee. As far as Harry, we'll see - but if he doesn't turn into an Ingram-type TE, he'll be gone.

2019NFLSuper Bowl LIV: Kansas City Chiefs (AFC,12-4) defeated San Francisco 49ers (NFC,13-3), Score: 31-20
2018NFLSuper Bowl LIII: New England Patriots (AFC,11-5) defeated Los Angeles Rams (NFC,13-3), Score: 13-3
2017NFLSuper Bowl LII: Philadelphia Eagles (NFC,13-3) defeated New England Patriots (AFC,13-3), Score: 41-33
2016NFLSuper Bowl LI: New England Patriots (AFC,14-2) defeated Atlanta Falcons (NFC,11-5), Score: 34-28
2015NFLSuper Bowl 50: Denver Broncos (AFC,12-4) defeated Carolina Panthers (NFC,15-1), Score: 24-10
2014NFLSuper Bowl XLIX: New England Patriots (AFC,12-4) defeated Seattle Seahawks (NFC,12-4), Score: 28-24
2013NFLSuper Bowl XLVIII: Seattle Seahawks (NFC,13-3) defeated Denver Broncos (AFC,13-3), Score: 43-8
2012NFLSuper Bowl XLVII: Baltimore Ravens (AFC,10-6) defeated San Francisco 49ers (NFC,11-4-1), Score: 34-31
2011NFLSuper Bowl XLVI: New York Giants (NFC,9-7) defeated New England Patriots (AFC,13-3), Score: 21-17
2010NFLSuper Bowl XLV: Green Bay Packers (NFC,10-6) defeated Pittsburgh Steelers (AFC,12-4), Score: 31-25

Where do the Patriots rank in low cost veteran WR acquisitions this decade for receiver stats?

More importantly, where do the Pats rank in Super Bowls, conference championships, playoff record and overall record over the decade?

More to the point, how many times do fans of this forum need to see that link and a new thread on this topic? .... I am seriously beginning to wonder if McDaniels had an affair with your wife, or took your daughter's maidenenhood.
And we're going to keep beating this horse until Bill proves otherwise...So get used to it homies...

besides bottom draft guys - Dobson and Mitchell could've been something, but Brady ruined Dobson with his harsh perfectionism, and Mitchell blew out his knee. As far as Harry, we'll see - but if he doesn't turn into an Ingram-type TE, he'll be gone.
Brady ruined Dobson? The guy wasn’t good here and he wasn’t good anywhere else. Horrible pick.

Price #90
Ebert #235
Dobson #59
Boyce #102
Gallon #244
Mitchell #112
Lucien #225
Berrios #210
Harry #32

So 9 picks in 11 years.

Of those 9 picks 4 were picked after #200, lets face it, a player drafted after 200 6th or 7th round isn't expected to make it.
Next we have 2 of the 9 players drafted after #100 4th round picks and up are a complete crap shoot, but it is fair to criticize bad picks.
So that leaves us with Price drafted at the end of the third round, Dobson at the end of the second round, and Harry drafted last in the first round.
I would argue that basically the Patriots have drafted 5 wr's with any realistic chance of making it in 11 years. Anyone criticizing 6th and 7th round picks is being foolish.

Price 3rd round
Dobson 2nd round
Boyce 4th round
Mitchell 4th round
Harry last pick 1st round

So in 11 years the Patriots have spent two 4ths, one 3rd, one 2nd, and one 1st on wide receivers. The 1st is still on the team. Mitchell was instrumental in a Super Bowl win, then was hurt so 3 blown wide receiver picks in 11 years, to go with 3 super bowl wins.
I think what this fails to deliver is the fact that you guys had an all-time Great QB. Without him and that bad of drafting you never would have had those runs. It was bound to catch up to them. Last year is a perfect example of that. Gronk also hid a lot of those deficiencies because Brady could just throw it up to him and be pretty certain he was going to come down with the ball because he was basically unguardable when he was on the field.

Edit:
Why does Ian flag the word '****tails' ?
Is it the Puritan in him?
:)
That prefix is what’s flagged - not that particular word ;)

That prefix is what’s flagged - not that particular word ;)
I get that.... but it is ridiculous

Can I write prickly?
Edit: I guess so

Can I post this...

Last edited:
I’d like to see a list of FA’s WR’s that “we” signed that contributed greatly to winning seasons. I’m sure their are some but it doesn’t make up for drafting badly...consistently. Bill makes the final decision on all draft choices...but somehow he needs to be presented with better draft choices.

It's not news. They suck at drafting, scouting, and coaching WRs. (not slots) Meh. They don't suck at everything else.

Nice. Unfortunately there are 31 teams to compare and the picture isn't pretty. Bill should have some self awareness at this point and flat out toss the WR evals from McDaniels straight to the trash can for the 2021 draft. Don't even think of using a pick on a WR before round3.

I'm with you up until throwing out McDaniels' WR evaluations.

It's now clear Bill has a hugely valuable secret weapon. He can go into the draft with confidence he can eliminate every WR McDaniels likes from consideration. The Pats should be able to utilize this information to cut out large groups of WR who are guaranteed to fail. In turn, this will increase their chances of hitting on the remaining WRs on the board.

What other team has this?!?!?! Championship!!!!!

Lol. This is no longer a "PatsFans.com" thing as last night's broadcast made it known in a nationally televised primetime game.

Shocking ! When you draft offensive weapons so poorly since 2010, of course this is going to happen. 10 years since they drafted Gronk & Hernandez. WRs ? The last good WR drafted within the first 3 rounds was Deion Branch in 2002.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back