PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats lead the league in kick returns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
30.9 vs. 27.5. Thats a 12% increase. One return accounts for 12% of the statistic. I would call that skewing it.

Why are you acting the the Patriots are the only team with long returns? Do other teams get credit for their long returns or is it only NE that is 'scewed'? Can you give a little credit to our special teams or what, Debbie Downer? Should they take the 14 points from kick returns off our point total, too?

Last edited:
Why are you acting the the Patriots are the only team with long returns? Do other teams get credit for their long returns or is it only NE that is 'scewed'? Can you give a little credit to our special teams or what, Debbie Downer? Should they take the 14 points from kick returns off our point total, too?

The kick return game is good, I am not disputing that.

Your questions would have been answered if you read the whole thread.

Edit: Also, your slippery slope argument is cute.

Last edited:
I'm not saying I agree with your original post Mark, but some people can't help but make trouble even if they know what you meant. I think we can all agree that our special teams play has been stellar. Nuff said.

Izzo is the only one that gets mentioned when the Pats special teams are brought up but guys like Woods, Alexander (when healthy), Washington, Eckel, etc. do a great job blocking on kick returns and punt returns (except last week!) but dont get the credit b/c they havent blocked punts, scored tds or made pro bowls. Woods particularly is an animal on kickoffs and even Le Kevin Smith has been throwing some nice blocks on kick return! Just thought id give some of the "JAGs" a bit of credit!

hehe....i wonder if he goes the way of Dante Hall in a few years.

Not a chance, did you see the way the Eagles treated him? Devin Hester won that game for them on special teams and he didn't have a single return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back