PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats launch "DeskSite"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Opened it up this morning, and it is working! Great thing!

It's not a 'bias' to release a program first for the platform that dominates in market share- it's business 101. Will they still be platformists if an ubuntu-compatible version isn't released shortly? :p

It is both bias and business. Frankly, I'd prefer a youtube channel, which works even on 64 bit Ubuntu.

It is both bias and business. Frankly, I'd prefer a youtube channel, which works even on 64 bit Ubuntu.

I would try using Wine, see if that works using Ubuntu

Opened it up this morning, and it is working! Great thing!

Cool , i got new videos this morning : 3 Parts of "Breaking down Baltimore"

Remember guys , you should delete the videos after watching , to free space on your hard drive for the upcoming videos.

For those who are havin any problems, maybe try installing it again, mine messed up first time, buts its up and running at the second attempt :)

I have received any updates this week from DeskSite - no press conferences, no Ravens recaps. Has anybody received any?

I have received any updates this week from DeskSite - no press conferences, no Ravens recaps. Has anybody received any?

No also. Just new Patriots Today stuff (well after the new Patriots Today videos are up for hours on the Patriots.com site).

There is nothing listed under the All Access, etc. tab - - what the hell is it there for?

Today, for the first time, it is populating the Brady and BB press conference tabs, so perhaps it's still a work in progress.

So far, not impressed and really a waste. I'll go to the team site for my videos until they work out the desksite on other guinea pigs.

Last edited:
Re: Pats Launch 'desksite'

Great idea, too bad their Platformists.

apple-logo.gif

I can boot into Windows on my Macbook Pro but, meh I don't think I would bother with it even if I used Windows all the time.

After installation it immediately started downloading videos to my laptop's hard drive. I couldn't stop it! The only option is to limit the DL to 1gb. This is my computer and I'll decide what vids are going to be on it. It's OUTTA HERE!

That's why there's no drop out. They download everything instead of streaming it. A Flash ala YouTube version is all anyone needs. This is reminiscent of how MS makes IE integrated in to your system so it's always using resources even when you aren't using it.

That's why there's no drop out. They download everything instead of streaming it. A Flash ala YouTube version is all anyone needs. This is reminiscent of how MS makes IE integrated in to your system so it's always using resources even when you aren't using it.

You're missing the intent of the app, it's meant as a way to keep you supplied with pats content even when you disconnect and wander off, that way when you're sitting at the train station or somewhere with no wifi you can still watch. It's basically a pats specific iToons, cept your PC is the iPod. Useful? Who knows, but at least they're trying to do new cool chit....head over to the Bills website and see what they have :-x

and who seriously sweats a 1gig min allocation of HDD space these days? Sheesh

You're missing the intent of the app, it's meant as a way to keep you supplied with pats content even when you disconnect and wander off, that way when you're sitting at the train station or somewhere with no wifi you can still watch. It's basically a pats specific iToons, cept your PC is the iPod. Useful? Who knows, but at least they're trying to do new cool chit....head over to the Bills website and see what they have :-x

Perhaps, especially since I have an iPhone so streaming video (almost) anywhere is not an issue for me.

Perhaps, especially since I have an iPhone so streaming video (almost) anywhere is not an issue for me.

It depends ,if it is with att it runs on 3g , and their 3g network is still shaky , and if you use your iphone with Tmobile , you can not have access to 3g network because the 3G tmobile network works on a different frequency than the Iphone , so you will have an Iphone running on the lame Edge network.

I do have a JB iphone with Att , and i am not pleased with their expensive service , and not reliable 3G network even right in downtown Boston.

Last edited:

I'm using a laptop with a smallish HD. I like to keep at least 5 gb free for system resources, page file, etc. Desksite won't give me the option of DLing to a remote HD. It will fill up my local first. It also won't let me pick the vids to DL. I'm not going to restructure my work space for some Pats vids. I'll check it out again in a month or two and see if they have increased functionality and added the appropriate user options.

It depends ,if it is with att it runs on 3g , and their 3g network is still shaky , and if you use your iphone with Tmobile , you can not have access to 3g network because the 3G tmobile network works on a different frequency than the Iphone , so you will have an Iphone running on the lame Edge network.

I do have a JB iphone with Att , and i am not pleased with their expensive service , and not reliable 3G network even right in downtown Boston.

Mine is a 3g S with ATT and I've had no complaints. But, I spend most of my time north of Boston. Someone said the same as you on the TWiT podcast. Only he was talking about San Francisco. They speculated areas with larger population may get shaky connections, as you say, due to congestion. The phone can actually make a difference as well. I was with Verizon for 6 years and got a new phone every 2 years. The first (Kyocera) was great. Never a dropped call or bad reception. The second (LG) was the worst. Turn your head and lose a connection. The 3rd (Samsung) was excellent. I've had this iPhone 3g S since the day they were released. I've used it all over the east side of MA, parts of NH and in Boston without issue.

Mine is a 3g S with ATT and I've had no complaints. But, I spend most of my time north of Boston. Someone said the same as you on the TWiT podcast. Only he was talking about San Francisco. They speculated areas with larger population may get shaky connections, as you say, due to congestion. The phone can actually make a difference as well. I was with Verizon for 6 years and got a new phone every 2 years. The first (Kyocera) was great. Never a dropped call or bad reception. The second (LG) was the worst. Turn your head and lose a connection. The 3rd (Samsung) was excellent. I've had this iPhone 3g S since the day they were released. I've used it all over the east side of MA, parts of NH and in Boston without issue.

I guess ...it's time to replace my 3G for a 3GS , because it is just ridiculous how slow it is ,in downtown Boston or the town of Revere.Sometimes i have to switch to Edge network for a faster connection , i still believe ATT has a lot work to do around here to speed up their network :eek:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes