PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats launch "DeskSite"

Status
Not open for further replies.

weswelker#83

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Just downloaded it and watching my first video, I'm looking forward to the HD quality , on my 25" Acer HD Monitor (1,980 x 1,084 Pixels Resolution)
I'm loving the calender too that shows everything going on ,and the Cheerleaders Spotlights.This is awesome!

Download link:
Official New England Patriots - DeskSite - Home

Last edited:
Re: Pats Launch 'desksite'

Great idea, too bad their Platformists.

apple-logo.gif

apple-logo.gif

I understand, but it's a good idea to go for the larger user base to see if it's a hit before making it avaliable to the platforms with the smaller footprint. I would have loved to see a Linux version !

Sadly the installer gets about half way then pops out an error message. Love to use this but.... alas its got some bugs. :eek:

Sadly the installer gets about half way then pops out an error message. Love to use this but.... alas its got some bugs. :eek:

no problem with Vista Ultimate 64-bit.

I installed it, everything works but the videos.

The videos take time to get to your new application , actually it depends how fast is your connection , and how much space you allowed the app to use from your Hard drive.

I am watching right now "Lights Shoot out" : Welker running in practice , teddy Bruschi in a shooting range ,and a lot of interviews.

Last edited:

I had a problem with the audio playing, but not video. Maximizing the video caused it to play OK, and now it playes in windowed mode, also. Just FYI, might give that a shot.

It was mentioned on the PFW In Progress show this afternoon that a Mac version would be out in about 4 months. Bad timing given how the season will be over...

It was mentioned on the PFW In Progress show this afternoon that a Mac version would be out in about 4 months. Bad timing given how the season will be over...

Just in time to watch the Patsies whoop the Eagles & Kolb (yah, I said it) in the SB.

I had a problem with the audio playing, but not video. Maximizing the video caused it to play OK, and now it playes in windowed mode, also. Just FYI, might give that a shot.

What happened with mine is when you intially install it videos are not already loaded. I thought there would be. Some of since been released and its working fine now.

Turns out it installed on my end but it won't launch. I get an "Patriots Tray has stopped working" when I try to run the program. The program details shows:

Description:
Stopped working

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: patriotstray.exe
Problem Signature 02: 6.9.0.0
Problem Signature 03: 4ac0ec8f
Problem Signature 04: DSutils
Problem Signature 05: 6.9.0.0
Problem Signature 06: 4ac0cdec
Problem Signature 07: 42
Problem Signature 08: 0
Problem Signature 09: System.NullReferenceException
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

I'm running Windows Vista Ultimate Service Pack 2 x64.

apple-logo.gif

Agreed. I sent them some feedback about their Windows bias.

After installation it immediately started downloading videos to my laptop's hard drive. I couldn't stop it! The only option is to limit the DL to 1gb. This is my computer and I'll decide what vids are going to be on it. It's OUTTA HERE!

I have the oposite problem. The install went fine. I have 10gb alloted on my space, but I hardly have any videos. Patriots today is 2 days behind and I only have part 1. No press confrences from anyone. All I really have is the cheelerder swimsuit stuff, which is ok, but I would rather watch Christina Akra and the team news.

Mine has a message after the successful install that says "Channels Arriving Shortly".

It's been three hours now. I don't know what their definition of "shortly" is.

I'm losing patience with this thing and will probably just delete the sucker.

It's not a 'bias' to release a program first for the platform that dominates in market share- it's business 101. Will they still be platformists if an ubuntu-compatible version isn't released shortly? :p

Mine has a message after the successful install that says "Channels Arriving Shortly".

It's been three hours now. I don't know what their definition of "shortly" is.

I'm losing patience with this thing and will probably just delete the sucker.

Did you enable the flash player install in the program? If not, that might be causing the holdup.

Did you enable the flash player install in the program? If not, that might be causing the holdup.

I didn't block anything at all. I hit install any time I saw it.

Agreed. I sent them some feedback about their Windows bias.

Hopefully they get one done for you Mac folks. While I prefer Windows myself I can understand the appeal of both Macs and Linux. I'm considering
putting Ubuntu on my main PC as an secondary OS down the road since I'd like to play around a bit with Linux.

Also I sent an e-mail to the support site for the program. Hopefully they can let me know what is causing the issue on my end.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey