PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats-Jets Game Observations from a Novice

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALP

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
1. We kept Cassel for a reason, and BB does after all know what he is doing...
2. Faulk is a baller, no his not in any list of top players, or of records, but the guy just wins....he gets it done
3. Mayo is a work in progress....myself i saw at least two mistakes by him, i think as the year goes on he becomes better
4. This team has some fire in its belly----good
5. Meriweather caught one...not bad
6. the 3-4 is great agaisnt the run...but when u need to get pressure on a QB, its not the best
7. i know im early on this, but how bout we give Jordan an extension?
8. cassel needs to work on the deep throw...
9. Moss wasn't thrown the ball to much...no idea why, draw ur own conclusions
10. so far were averaging 18pts a game on offense and 10 pts given up by the D a game
11. our special teams are great....hopefully Gost can keep him kickoff rate up for the whole season
12. our secondary is much, much better then what we all expected
13. the td was b/c rodney was blocked by his own guy
14. the long coles catch only happened b/c the offense screwed up the play
15. i would like to see more from our outside LBs....(nice sack AT)
16. hobbs just may be better then asante...

this 4 headed running attack will only get better as teh season goes on, but the O-line needs to keep working on its run blocking

Last edited:
1. We kept Cassel for a reason, and BB does after all know what he is doing... absolutely correct
2. Faulk is a baller, no his not in any list of top players, or of records, but the guy just wins....he gets it done...Faulk kills the Jets every year
3. Mayo is a work in progress....myself i saw at least two mistakes by him, i think as the year goes on he becomes better...also saw him make a few great plays
4. This team has some fire in its belly----good...always will with BB as coach
5. Meriweather caught one...not bad...that was huge for his confidence
6. the 3-4 is great agaisnt the run...but when u need to get pressure on a QB, its not the best...agreed, the LB's need to be perfect to get tlo the QB
7. i know im early on this, but how bout we give Jordan an extension?...sign the guy already
8. cassel needs to work on the deep throw...sorry but Moss needs to step up and catch that ball, hit him on the chest.
9. Moss wasn't thrown the ball to much...no idea why, draw ur own conclusions...conservative gameplan
10. so far were averaging 18pts a game on offense and 10 pts given up by the D a game...defense win championships
11. our special teams are great....hopefully Gost can keep him kickoff rate up for the whole season...hopefully the offense starts scoring 7 more than 3
12. our secondary is much, much better then what we all expected...Hobbs and O'Neal played great
13. the td was b/c rodney was blocked by his own guy...i'll take 10 points given up every week
14. the long coles catch only happened b/c the offense screwed up the play...agreed, busted play
15. i would like to see more from our outside LBs....(nice sack AT)...play of the year
16. hobbs just may be better then asante...amen

this 4 headed running attack will only get better as teh season goes on, but the O-line needs to keep working on its run blocking...Jordan finished them off

I would like to add that BB is 2-0 without Brady, i guess this means Brady isn't the whole team afterall.

As for Moss not being targeted much this game, I think you have to look at the coverage. He had a pretty good corner on him with help. To expect Cassel to look his way and trust himself to get the ball there when Welker or Thomas are running free underneath is asking a bit much of him at this point. Also, there was some pressure there and who knows what the play call was on the plays where Cassel ended up on his back.

Last edited:
Mayo was very solid. There is a reason he never comes off the field.

If Moss wants more receptions he's going to have to go over the middle more often ... if he doesn't mind then he'll get his catches. With no premier TE on our team he actually would be doing the team a great job by going over the middle ... he's a serious mismatch over the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News