PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats intercept Favre on his first day of practice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tunescribe

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/26110945/

Well, kind of:

The fans cheered each of Favre’s completions, including a pretty 40-yard pass to Cotchery that drew the biggest oohs and ahhs. Favre wasn’t perfect, though, as evidenced by a pass that was intercepted by Matt Chatham.

I also loved this quote from Lord Favre: “There were times at practice today,” he said, measuring his words, “I was wondering if I made the right move.”

Last edited:
This is going to be great having Favre as a Jet. With Favre playing for the Jets, this board will now have poster's posting daily Jet/Favre/ camp/news updates.

No need to bother to even check JI.

Seriously though, don't hate the player, hate the game.

Jets have improved, addresed all there areas of weakness (except depth), no need for the Pat fans to be woried, Penny in Miami,pfffft, Bills haven't won a playoff game this decade. Pats are the hunted.

This is going to be great having Favre as a Jet. With Favre playing for the Jets, this board will now have poster's posting daily Jet/Favre/ camp/news updates.

Jets have improved, addresed all there areas of weakness (except depth), no need for the Pat fans to be woried, Penny in Miami,pfffft, Bills haven't won a playoff game this decade. Pats are the hunted.

the Jets haven't played a game with their new team. Until they win games they're the same old Jets.

the Jets haven't played a game with their new team. Until they win games they're the same old Jets.

Tell me about it. Just because they look good on paper and have a cool name (Jets - got to admit that is catchy) - doesn't mean it will translate to real life.

Yep, time will tell. The AFC East should be interesting this year.

=================================================

Yea I hear ya.

Still,,The division looks stronger overall then it did last year at this time.

Just saying There will be a lot more media circus around the Jets this season then the Pats, not that I think thats a good thing, but it might be.

Favre may do great, or poor, we don't know yet. Chad may suck worse in Miami, or maybe him and Ronnie Brown light it up, Bills????

Pats aren't guaranteed nothing.

The Patriots are the hunted.

Every team they play will have nothing to lose, in the sense that they will be underdogs.

It aint easy being #1.

Every team they play will have nothing to lose, in the sense that they will be underdogs.

It aint easy being #1.

We are not the defending Super Bowl Champs. The Giants are wearing that title.

Last edited:
We are not the defending Super Bowl Champs. The Giants are wearing that title.

Pats didn't wear that title last year either -- the colts did -- but still the Pats were the team to beat. I suspect that will be even more so this year.

It aint easy being #1.

We know that. Been that way since 2003. It's a tough job, but somebody's gotta do it, We've learned to embrace that scary challenge - one JETS fans will never have to...:p

It will be fun to watch Brett transition from facing the mighty Hattiesburg HS fanboys to facing not just NFL but AFC defenses on a regular basis. You've got a pretty cushy schedule, so no excuses though - OK? :D

Look it would be hard for a Jets fan NOT to be jumping up and down with joy. I think they should tell themselves whatever they want.

Last year was great for Favre, it really was. The perfect year to retire in fact. Now, on to the 2006 campaign part deux - or 2007 part deux - that's the question.

If you get the 07 vintage, you may get a wildcard berth. I think it's unlikely actually, because for recent year 07 was the aberration, not the rule.

The classic "buy at the top" phenomenon. Well, you'll fill the seats and the arbitron guys will give you a pat on the back.

If you get the 06 vintage, I give him six weeks before an emotional tearful farewell to the NFL and the rest of the money the Jets owe him... leaving Jets fans happy nonetheless because they will finally, for the first time in years, be without a QB controversy, seeing as they will be (almost) without QBs.

But hey, all the way around, here's hoping Brett's like he was in 07... competition is good for the division. Playing in the AFCE just doesn't keep you sharp... there is a theory out there that that's been the problem since 2004. So keep us sharp guys!

Oh but if you think you can win? Our guy's 31. He ain't goin' nowhere yet.

:)

PFnV

It aint easy being #1.
No question the Pats are the hunted. Every game is a superbowl for the opponent.

However, the Jets play two games this season where they will most certainly be the hunted.

In Newsday today:
Eric Mangini started down the road of "he's just another player and players move around all the time in this league" but caught himself.

The Jets coach must have realized it couldn't possibly pass the sniff test and he acknowledged the obvious - that Chad Pennington signing with the Dolphins on Friday night created a somewhat unique situation for the Jets when they play at Miami in their season opener Sept. 7.

Said Mangini, "He's definitely got some insight in the things that we do."
Mangini bought himself some challenges this year. With Favre and that $100 million offensive line, he's supposed to beat the Phins. Imagine if he loses? Wow.

They'll be gunning for him.

This is going to be great having Favre as a Jet.
It's so awesome when Pats fans and Jets fans agree. We all like the idea of Broadway Brett. Gives me a warm fuzzy feeling. Last time I felt this way was when Pats fans and Dolphin fans agreed that it was great having Culpepper a Dolphin.

Pats are the hunted.
Yep. Have been all millenium. Hit me with your best shot, fire away :D

=================================================

Yea I hear ya.

Still,,The division looks stronger overall then it did last year at this time.

Just saying There will be a lot more media circus around the Jets this season then the Pats, not that I think thats a good thing, but it might be.

Favre may do great, or poor, we don't know yet. Chad may suck worse in Miami, or maybe him and Ronnie Brown light it up, Bills????

Pats aren't guaranteed nothing.

Agreed, nothing is a guarantee, just like signing some big names like the Jets have done... just ask Daniel Snyder if it worked for the Skins

Last edited:

Jets Suck.

I think its pretty safe to say that the Patriots will NOT win all 6 games in this division this year - All of these teams have improved and NE will take a dive in at least one of them.

I also think that the division title,while it certainly is in NEs favor to win it,will not be clinched till at least week 14

Anyone wanting to bet against my pronostications above - good luck in hoping I am wrong about either.

"The Patriots are the hunted.

It aint easy being #1."

Thanks for the brilliant post; when you're the best, you are the hunted, I'll take that over constantly being the hunter, always chasing the best but never being able to beat the best.

The Jets make a trade for a guy who still doesn't know if he made the right choice and all of a sudden, Pats fans should be sh!tting their pants over this?

The moronic posts of opposing fans on this site has reached an all time high, keep the brilliant insights coming.

It aint easy being #1.

we have been the hunted for the last eight years...we are used to it

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes