Pats hosted Chad Jackson last week

Status
Not open for further replies.

R_T26

Banned
Reaction score
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

Jackson gets look

The Patriots hosted University of Florida receiver Chad Jackson on a pre-draft visit late last week. On Tuesday, the team had Florida defensive lineman Jeremy Mincey in for a visit at Gillette Stadium.

"Both players are flattered by the visits and the interest the Patriots have shown," said agent David Canter, who represents Jackson and Mincey.

The 6-foot, 213-pound Jackson is known for his speed. He is a projected first-round choice among a receiver crop that several scouts feel is not deep.

Mincey (6-3, 259) is projected as a mid-round pick.

As has been his routine in recent years, Patriots coach Bill Belichick recently took a scouting trip to the state of Florida, and one of his stops was to the University of Florida. The visits with Jackson and Mincey at Gillette Stadium were follow-ups.

Last edited:
I liked Mincey in the Senior Bowl

although for the life of me I know longer remember why. He looks like a potential OLB/pass rusher.

I still think Belichick would love to trade up for Jackson if he gets into the 15-20 range but I'm assuming we won't get a shot at him.

BelichickFan said:
I still think Belichick would love to trade up for Jackson if he gets into the 15-20 range but I'm assuming we won't get a shot at him.

The Dolphins just had him in for a 2nd interview - I think we need to move ahead of him if we want him.

I'm generally averse to using anything but top 10 picks on WRs as after that its a crap shoot but I think Jackson is a top 10 prospect who is going to slide a bit simply because of the number of QBs available this season.

I'd love it if they picked Jackson, and I hate using first round picks on receivers. He's going to be a stud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back