PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats cut Colvin, Lua

Status
Not open for further replies.
But Lua was supposed to be the next great superstar! - Majority of Patsfans.com

I can't wait until Richardson is cut and the place has conniption fits.

Does Colvin being cut punch holes in the speculation that everything would have been different if he hadn't gone down last year or is this just a cap move? I know the consensus was that his absence really hurt. Does this move say BB doesn't agree?

Last edited:
Is Lance Briggs worth a few million more then Colvin?

that had better be a REALLY FREAKING bad foot injury. otherwise we just gave away our best big-time playmaker from our most sorely lacking unit

But Lua was supposed to be the next great superstar! - Majority of Patsfans.com

I can't wait until Richardson is cut and the place has conniption fits.

Nothing like exaggerating how people were acting to try and make yourself look good. People had Lua pegged as someone who COULD come in and be a starter. He had the right attitude. He had the skills. It could be that he's not recovering from his injury.

As for Richardson, considering he was lining up against Randy Moss in TC last year and holding his own one on one, I doubt we'll see Richardson cut. But, hey, think whatever you want. You'll just go pat yourself on the back and claim you were right regardless of what happens.

Does Colvin being cut punch holes in the speculation that everything would have been different if he hadn't gone down last year or is this just a cap move? I know the consensus was that his absence really hurt. Does this move say BB doesn't agree?
I don't think so. I really missed Colvin and really looked forward to him coming back. But $5.8M is a lot. You can sign someone of Colvin's level to a 4-5 year contract and start with cap hits well below that. Or get someone at his level but younger with a similar cap hit. It's all about value.

Calvin Pace about Calvin Pace don't you Calvin Pace?

Last night I told my wife that the Calvin Pace we just had wasn't as good as the Calvin Pace last weekend, because she didn't Calvin Pace me first, before I Calvin Paced her in the Calvin Pace. She then told me to go Calvin Pace myself.

But seriously, folks, one of my main concerns with this transaction is the fear that Rosie has been released so that Randy can be re-signed, at Rosie's salary. I really, really hope that one has nothing to do with the other.

Nothing like exaggerating how people were acting to try and make yourself look good. People had Lua pegged as someone who COULD come in and be a starter. He had the right attitude. He had the skills. It could be that he's not recovering from his injury.

As for Richardson, considering he was lining up against Randy Moss in TC last year and holding his own one on one, I doubt we'll see Richardson cut. But, hey, think whatever you want. You'll just go pat yourself on the back and claim you were right regardless of what happens.

This board always thinks these late-round guys are going to be impact players (the Bam Childress love was probably the funniest example I can think of in recent memory). Richardson was a stiff on a terrible defense in college, and Lua was a college backup as a senior. If he had the skills, he wouldn't have been cut before the free agent period began, simple as that. Richardson may make the team, but he's not going to be starting; if he is, something has gone horribly, terribly wrong.

This board always thinks these late-round guys are going to be impact players (the Bam Childress love was probably the funniest example I can think of in recent memory). Richardson was a stiff on a terrible defense in college, and Lua was a college backup as a senior. If he had the skills, he wouldn't have been cut before the free agent period began, simple as that. Richardson may make the team, but he's not going to be starting; if he is, something has gone horribly, terribly wrong.

I agree completely.

http://blog.pfwonline.com/

Report: Lua failed physical
February 27, 2008

It got lost a bit in the news that the team had cut starter Rosevelt Colvin, but the Patriots also released injured reserve linebacker Oscar Lua on Tuesday. Lua missed all of last season with a knee injury, reportedly a torn MCL the seventh-round pick out of USC suffered in preseason action. A report on NFLDraftScout.com says that Lua was cut yesterday becaues he’d failed a physical. That makes sense because regardless of his talents or future with the team, New England is very limited in numbers at linebacker at this point. Never mind starters and regular season contributors, the Patriots don’t have anywhere near the bodies the team needs at linebacker to just hold practices in training camp. Now we know that Lua’s health was the reason for his release.

Posted by ahart

What i'm excited about and I know this sounds foolish, is all the new faces at linebacker will have in training camp.
There could be up to 10 new faces of undrafted free agents linebacker prospects to monitor and it could be alot of fun to find a new binky.

Yeah, why the heck would Pats fans be consumed by late round picks? I don't get it either. It's not like they had major success in the late rounds. Hmm, makes no sense at all.

Yeah, why the heck would Pats fans be consumed by late round picks? I don't get it either. It's not like they had major success in the late rounds. Hmm, makes no sense at all.

They haven't. In the last 7 drafts, they've managed to find a grand total of zero starters in round 6 and one in round 7 (Givens).

They haven't. In the last 7 drafts, they've managed to find a grand total of zero starters in round 6 and one in round 7 (Givens).

I believe that Tully Banta-Cain started some games for New England....

Yeah, I guess none of us can think back further than that.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back