PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats claim CB Antwaun Molden

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless of Merriweather's status with the team, I thought this excerpt on his 2008 draft card from nfl.com was interesting.

National Football League: NFL Draft 2011 - Antwaun Molden

Here's how NFLDraftscout (via CBSSportsLine) saw the CBs:
NFL Draft - 2008_CB Draft Prospects - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com
They seemed to like Molden more as a FS than CB, due to poor recognition skills
& (or because of?) lack of experience.

And here's how TFYDraftInsider (via SI) saw them:
SI.com - 2008 NFL Draft - Breakdown by Position - CB
They also mentioned Molden's poss. switch to FS to better take advantage of his size & speed.

As an aside, notice where both services (& others) ranked Wheatley & Wilhite by comparison,
compared to where both were taken. Inexcusable.

Ahhhhhhhh, now it all makes sense.

The missing link for this season was Antwaun Molden. Now that he's ours.... the sky is the limit.

This is what we've been waiting for. Book it.

Worse than Butler, Arrington or Molden?

Thank you Captain. My point exactly. Although you wonder why the other teams he worked out for did not pick him up...this guy has starting experience (incl. playoffs) and would have been an excellent depth signing.

Worse than Butler, Arrington or Molden?

I say, talking to Colts fans and watching him play last year, he is = to Butler, worse than Arrington and I have never ever heard of Molden till today lol.

If you watch the Colts Pats 2010 game, he always gave up a 10 yard cushion. Colts vastly overpaid a cover 2 zone cb.

I wish that Hayden had given a 10-yd cushion to BugEyes Caldwell in the '06 AFCC in Indy.

He doesn't photograph very good but the patriot uniform will transform him.

i

I wish that Hayden had given a 10-yd cushion to BugEyes Caldwell in the '06 AFCC in Indy.

Wouldn't have helped...Bug eyes would have found another easier way to drop another easy TD pass. :bricks:

I still can't believe he didn't get called for pass interference after he mugged Caldwell on 3rd down.

Last edited:
He's the #80 player on a 53 man squad. If he makes the team it will be as a gunner.

Can he rush the quarterback?

He'll probably get extensive time tonite, so forget about seeing starters at CB on the field. This NYG games is such a waste and not worth the risk of injury it poses. The Giants have it worse playing a second exhibition game in 72 hours.

Bellichick ought to put the musket shooters in there in the second half to gun down any Giant who makes it into the secondary.

Re: Patriots Claim Molden, Place Cannon on Reserve/NFI

Al Davis would not like Molden even for TC fodder/ back up PC b/c the dude runs a 4.4 40.That isn't fast enough for Big Al

Any chance they thought they were getting Anquan Boldin? The names are kind of similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes