PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats/Chargers game of the week

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
watching this now on nfl network..marty yelling "lets kick some ass" .."stay after their ass".. "they got no timeouts !!"
edit :"we got a 1 pt lead and they aint scoring again"
:)
and brady's first int to donnie edwards was another pass intended for a ben watson route which continues to worry me

Last edited:
Sit Ben. Start Dave. Please.

This was originally posted in the "breakdown" of the pats sd game that pats1 has done. Seems like it is more appropriate here though:

"I was watching a replay of the game. Anyone notice that on almost all the balls thrown to Watson, including the one he caught, it just seemed like they were short or thrown a bit softer.

Do any of you think that Tom is maybe babying is throws to watson a bit because of the lasers that he threw to him during the season which bounced off Watson's hands or body? Maybe it isn't a conscious effort, but it almost seems that brady wants to guide the ball to him or make sure that he has to stop, catch the ball and secure the ball instead of making watson catch it in stride. Could the fumbles from this season be affecting the chemistry of these two a bit?

This is obviously not a totally factual based analysis since i haven't gone through all the plays where watson was thrown the ball. Just a sneaky feeling i have that maybe they haven't quite worked out the chemistry between each other yet in the passing game. I hope i'm proven wrong in the next game and hopefully the one after that. Ben could be a huge factor if they work that out."

This was originally posted in the "breakdown" of the pats sd game that pats1 has done. Seems like it is more appropriate here though:

"I was watching a replay of the game. Anyone notice that on almost all the balls thrown to Watson, including the one he caught, it just seemed like they were short or thrown a bit softer.

Do any of you think that Tom is maybe babying is throws to watson a bit because of the lasers that he threw to him during the season which bounced off Watson's hands or body? Maybe it isn't a conscious effort, but it almost seems that brady wants to guide the ball to him or make sure that he has to stop, catch the ball and secure the ball instead of making watson catch it in stride. Could the fumbles from this season be affecting the chemistry of these two a bit?

This is obviously not a totally factual based analysis since i haven't gone through all the plays where watson was thrown the ball. Just a sneaky feeling i have that maybe they haven't quite worked out the chemistry between each other yet in the passing game. I hope i'm proven wrong in the next game and hopefully the one after that. Ben could be a huge factor if they work that out."

i dont know much about techniques but watson doesnt seem to run crisp routes...he seems to either stop or run a lazy kind of a route probably because he cant adjust to being used a WR's than a tight end in the middle
i just hope tom stays away from him when he is double teamed and takes advantage of his other players who are open

I don't think Watson makes good adjustemnts to the ball. rather than coming back to the ball he will keep going in the same direction, balls that should be in his chest end up at his knees. On the long missed pass at the SD 5, he rounded off the route and ended up deeper. The ball was released before he made his cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back