PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats can clinch division next weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobgeorge

Reaction score
Right now the Pats are 10-0 and the Bills are 5-5.

Since we now hold the tiebreaker with Buffalo (head to head sweep), the next Patriot win or the next Buffalo loss clinches the AFC East for us. As of right now, Buffalo could still mathematically win the division.

Anything beyond that would have to wait. We have a magic number of 4 to clinch finishing ahead of Jacksonville and Indianapolis. Can't determine the magic number with Pittsburgh because we play them in three weeks. By then, however, clinching a 1st round bye could be within reach. Clinching HFA may go down to the final two weeks if we win out and Indy does the same.

But that's pretty awesome, division champs on Thanksgiving weekend.

Bob G

Since we now hold the tiebreaker with Buffalo (head to head sweep), the next Patriot win or the next Buffalo loss clinches the AFC East for us. As of right now, Buffalo could still mathematically win the division.

Anything beyond that would have to wait. We have a magic number of 4 to clinch finishing ahead of Jacksonville and Indianapolis. Can't determine the magic number with Pittsburgh because we play them in three weeks. By then, however, clinching a 1st round bye could be within reach. Clinching HFA may go down to the final two weeks if we win out and Indy does the same.

Bob G

Yeah I forgot all about the division. Good point.

Bills 11-5, and Pats 10-6.. ugly thought =p

I'm disappointed that it took so long.:(

Yeah, one more Bills loss and we could have clinched before Thanksgiving - I guess I'll get over it :D

We're in phenomenal shape for HF throughout, even if we lose to Pitt we're still 1 1/2 games (1/2 game for them winning tiebreaker) ahead. We need to lose three games they need to win out; it's not happening.

Bob G

As I pointed out elsewhere:

Pats 10-0
Colts 8-2
Steelers 7-3

Pats already have HTH over the Colts, so the Pats going 4-2 or better over the remaining six games automatically wins the conference; so long as the Pats don't lose more than two, it literally does not matter who might beat them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye