PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats and Moulds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terence

Rookie
Reaction score
I'm willing to bet that the patriots are either trying to work a trade for this guy or either waiting for his outright release. I wouldn't be surprised if there is already a contract agreement in place. Something big is going on. We have 20m in cap space and I don't think we've created all of this space just for Branch and Seymour. Plus we should get another 1.5M when we release Poole by Thursday.

I'm not clear how long the Bills can continue to "hold him hostage" -

they might think they can trade him for draft picks (knowing that WRs are in high demand and short supply) or even pressure him to accept a salary cut with the knowledge that by the time the Bills cut him, no one will have any money left to pay him

....That is unless, the Patriots keep some of their money in their pocket waiting for that sort of opportunity and sign him for reasonable money because no other teams have the cap space

Terence said:
I'm willing to bet that the patriots are either trying to work a trade for this guy or either waiting for his outright release. I wouldn't be surprised if there is already a contract agreement in place. Something big is going on. We have 20m in cap space and I don't think we've created all of this space just for Branch and Seymour. Plus we should get another 1.5M when we release Poole by Thursday.

It's not certain they are going to release Poole.

It is possible something big may happen, but I dont think that Moulds is something big. I think he would be a solid reciever for us, but not big.

Digger44 said:
It is possible something big may happen, but I dont think that Moulds is something big. I think he would be a solid reciever for us, but not big.

Yeah I think our something big is not going to be in the receiver department.

broadwayjoe said:
Yeah I think our something big is not going to be in the receiver department.
Any WR signing at this point is something big. Especially a player of Eric Moulds' caliber. He would help our team no matter who else we have at WR. It all depends on his attitude though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft