PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Training Camp Day 4 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
On another note we know that Rex Ryan in Buffalo have done an excellent job of slowing down Brady in the past. I think if Guys stay healthy Brady will have a better and more effective deck to play with this time around. I love the potential of the Gronk/Chandler TE formation because it has the threat of the run with the Size of the TE's on the LOS. Playaction by Brady should keep the Defense on its heels...I am really excited about this Offense going forward.

AlienatedEminentAchillestang.gif

I can't speak about the tweets or hidden texts.

My apologies for my unclear post. I was referring to the fact that Ryan has not seen much ink (or pixels via tweets) regarding his play in the media, which to me might indicate he isn't being throw on as much. That equals tight/good coverage which is to me the most important aspect of that position...and bodes well for the secondary in general.

On another note we know that Rex Ryan in Buffalo have done an excellent job of slowing down Brady in the past. I think if Guys stay healthy Brady will have a better and more effective deck to play with this time around. I love the potential of the Gronk/Chandler TE formation because it has the threat of the run with the Size of the TE's on the LOS. Playaction by Brady should keep the Defense on its heels...I am really excited about this Offense going forward.

On that note, has anyone noticed if Chandler is any good as an inline blocking tight end? Bills fans say he wasn't.

I don't think the bills D is as great as everyone says. They have a stout front 4 but that's about it. I really think the Jets D will be better - great front 4, decent LBs, great corners and so-so safeties.

I love how the whole AFCE is supposedly stacked w/defensive talent now and there's one legit proven QB in the division (no, Tannehill doesn't count.)

Does tradition mean nothing? I thought we don't play defense in the AFCE...

To quote Homer Simpson....... Mmm Donuts, but replace Donuts with Dobson, and you'll understand how I feel about the camp Dobson is having so far. I loved Dobson in college, and thought he'd be a great fit for our offense. I'm keeping the hope alive. Go get em Dobson !

After the Draft I was impressed with some of the collegiate exploits of Dobson at Marshall.
One of one handed back handed catch was the equal of the over-hyped Odell catch. Which occurred in full view of the NY Mediots to go GA-GA over. Dobson is a good big WR and ready to blossom after his injury filled sophomore season.

I think they'd be a more explosive offense with Fitzpatrick, he had his best seasons in Buffalo with Chan Gailey as his head coach. Well Gailey has brought the same offense to NY as the Jets OC. That being said, I'm rooting for Smith to win the QB battle ;)

The Jets Defense has suffered a grievous loss with the stupid racing actions of an idiotic defensive tackle.

The Jets Defense has suffered a grievous loss with the stupid racing actions of an idiotic defensive tackle.

Sadly, the charges that could have got him heavily punished such as another drug incident, along with endangering a child, weren't even pursued by the district attorney.

You're expecting the NFL to come down hard on a New York Jet? For drag racing his car? I wouldn't expect anything close to a "grievous loss." I'll be happy with a suspension of a game or two.

Sadly, the charges that could have got him heavily punished such as another drug incident, along with endangering a child, weren't even pursued by the district attorney.

You're expecting the NFL to come down hard on a New York Jet? For drag racing his car? I wouldn't expect anything close to a "grievous loss." I'll be happy with a suspension of a game or two.

Probably they'll announce some sort of rehabilitation project whereby they use positive reinforcement to alter behavior instead of punishment. "We've decided the best course of action is to reduce the suspension from four games to two because clearly this young man needs the structure that football provides..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back