PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots to meet with Nick Fairley

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sure looks like this team will never stop believing in round 6.
And if the gem is there this year they almost cannot miss him.

(Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses...)

With 5 selections in the sixth round, you're certainly right that we may be able to replicate the magic of the later rounds again! Fingers crossed. :)

I believe that we actually have two of those sixth rounders than can be traded since they aren't comp picks, so it's possible that some type of swap occurs.

Most are in the later rounds and cannot be traded as they are comp picks.

True, although having 4 picks in the top 96 selections certainly helps to prove Illegal Contact's point a bit. That second day should be fun to watch, and obviously helps to offset the loss of the first rounder to some degree.

As usual, there are scouts who believe that the middle rounds are chock full of talent still, so I'm guessing that we see a swap or two--either down to move into the 4th/5th rounds, or up from all of those sixth rounders (two can be traded in the sixth). Hell, maybe both.

Fairley was highly rated coming out, drafted #13 overall. Big wingspan and size. If he could recover the form he showed early in his Detroit career he could end up being a steal. I'd be very interested if the price was right!

Fairley was highly rated coming out, drafted #13 overall. Big wingspan and size. If he could recover the form he showed early in his Detroit career he could end up being a steal. I'd be very interested if the price was right!
I don't think he wants to take another prove it deal, that's what he did last year. That being said doing one in New England is more likely to pay off for him than on ST Louis again

I don't think he wants to take another prove it deal, that's what he did last year. That being said doing one in New England is more likely to pay off for him than on ST Louis again
But he didn't prove it last year. (At least to anyone but the ignominious pro football focus who rank him high based on criteria a 3rd grader would see major flaws in)

But he didn't prove it last year. (At least to anyone but the ignominious pro football focus who rank him high based on criteria a 3rd grader would see major flaws in)
It doesn't really matter what you or pff thinks because obviously nfl gms don't believe he did enough to warrant a deal, Prove it deals almost never work. That being said do you know how pff gets their data? I don't so I can't know if they have major flaws

It's always amusing to watch mindless, parasitical Idiots bitterly squeal about Independent Thinkers!!
icon_lol.gif

Those who can't think for themselves always resent those who can.
EvilSmile.gif

is that you resenting me over on the main board in the bob kraft hate-fest along with all the other sheep?

What???
jester.gif

You are one lonely little creature...aren't you??
icon_lol.gif

I'm not even part of that conversation.

But, hey...good luck with that!! ;)

use of the likey buttons puts you in the convo

Holy Crrrrap!! Now IC's lashing out at me 'cause I didn't give'm any "Likes"!!
icon_lol.gif

Your Demented Depravity is actually worsening, kiddo!! :eek:

Last edited:
It doesn't really matter what you or pff thinks because obviously nfl gms don't believe he did enough to warrant a deal, Prove it deals almost never work. That being said do you know how pff gets their data? I don't so I can't know if they have major flaws
Because I read their rating write up.
They rank him by success per pass rush where sack, hit, hurry are all counted equally and we know their ratings are done by non football people. For run defense the ranking was based upon tackle plus assist per run play down. As we all know number of tackles is a terrible gauge to rate defenders.
Pff is awful

But the larger point is that he has no choice to take another prove it deal because his play last year doesn't warrant anything better

I see the lefties won't attack the negative Trump comments here. (I still thought it was funny).

That's how threads die, or, worse, get relegated to the political forum.

Holy Crrrrap!! Now IC's lashing out at me 'cause I didn't give'm any "Likes"!!
icon_lol.gif

Your Demented Depravity is actually worsening, kiddo!! :eek:

really? was that lashing out?

drama queen

Most are in the later rounds and cannot be traded as they are comp picks.

7 of them are tradeable.....like I said, there's plenty of interest....maybe not by you, but.........

One has to wonder, if you take a one year "prove it" deal, and you do well, but it's on a team no one watches, have you proven anything? Certainly not to the fans, lol.

One has to wonder, if you take a one year "prove it" deal, and you do well, but it's on a team no one watches, have you proven anything? Certainly not to the fans, lol.

The fans don't matter in this. The coaches and GMs all watch all the films of all the games. They are the ones with the say-so and the only ones that count. In fact, if he did well (not great) on a poor team, then that rates better than doing the same on a good team because they factor in that he didn't have much help or that he may have been double-teamed.

The fans don't matter in this. The coaches and GMs all watch all the films of all the games. They are the ones with the say-so and the only ones that count. In fact, if he did well (not great) on a poor team, then that rates better than doing the same on a good team because they factor in that he didn't have much help or that he may have been double-teamed.

Mostly true, I guess, but when you look at the contracts Ayers, Casillas got...or Byron Maxwell...being on a high-profile team isn't bad for the pocketbook.

I can't see being in St. Louis a viable option. First, he needed to get a team there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes