PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots throwback uni games [Update: 3 weeks, white (and red?) uniform]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Patriots throwback uni games

Over at another message board, a poster says he knows for sure that the Bills will be wearing white throwbacks for the Week 1 game. I assume that means the Pats will have the red jerseys on then. :D

The NFL.com article on it said it was just whites. The Bills are only wearing blues.

Last edited:

it must be a beauty...i hope to will see it soon too

50th Anniversary of the AFL?

Looks like the year to redress the obvious Pats Hall of Fame omission.

What player is in the NFL Hall of Fame (on the plaque honoring the all time AFL team) but not in the Patriots Hall of fame? Hmmm...

1965Topps2Antwine250w.jpg

You MUST go to Patriot Hall of Fame.........plan to stay for hours and soak it all in.

I am not ashamed to admit, my visit brought a few tears to my eyes. The opening 3D movie, the display cases of all the old memorabilia and of course three SB victory celebrations will do it.

Let me know when you do...I am good for a beer at CBS sportsscene (where you can watch endless loops of our SB wins on the huge tv's on the wall or the cool little ones right at your table, that you can control).
I'll take you up on that next time I'm back there. I really blew it though...I was back there in '06, in August, and had some extra time for driving around and looking at landmarks, including south of Boston. I didn't actually drive through Foxborough, but it didn't even dawn on me to go look at the stadium, which I've never seen. Must be getting stupid. :confused:

Re: Patriots throwback uni games [Update: 3 weeks, white uniform]

so, um, when can i buy one? nothin at the proshop now...

Re: Patriots throwback uni games [Update: 3 weeks, white uniform]

Fred Taylor was modeling the new uniforms yesterday. Fox25 showed video of him in both red and white uniforms, but their video online is only of the interview:

Pats' back Fred Taylor talks to FOX25

Last edited:
Sport Desk had an interview of fred taylor on his reebok photo shoot for the thrownback jersey.

It looks real nice . i actually like it alot.

nice, its been a long time since they wore those throwbacks!!

I hate throwback uniforms for the Pats. Too many bad losses in those old uniforms. New > old.

According to the Sports Business Journal all 8 original AFL teams will be playing over 2 weekends in September and October. Both teams in those games will be wearing the retros.

The only possibilities are the Jets, Bills and Broncos. Sorry if this has been posted. But 2 of those games will be throwbacks.
OK then, look for the two weeks out of those three in the schedule where all the original AFL 8 play each other.

The uniforms you show are the 80s to early 90s style. I believe they will be wearing much older variations from the 60s.

it seems it will be used the '1963' variation

Re: Sneak peek at Fred Taylor during Reebok commercial

Thats awesome!! Thats a nice throwback jersey!!! GO PATRIOTS!!

When do they go on sale?

That's a great shot, though I think it's weird Reebok picked Fred Taylor when he hasn't played a down in anger for the Patriots yet...

Not to sound like a geek, but ok i dont care, the nfl pro shop has this version for sale now, but was wondering can we get the white one .. I have enough red ones, would like a white one..

Not to sound like a geek, but ok i dont care, the nfl pro shop has this version for sale now, but was wondering can we get the white one .. I have enough red ones, would like a white one..

Oh yes....white ones were the coolest - stripes running down the leg...can't wait/

Also, I just read this -- During Legacy Weekends, it’s all AFL. Each team will wear its Throwback jerseys. Officials will be in the orange, black and white uniforms worn during the 1960’s. There will be AFL logos and markings on the field. Teams will wear a commemorative anniversary patch on their jerseys"

which could be the others 2 games where the Pats will use the throwbacks ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST