PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Super Bowl uniforms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxyboro

On the Roster
Reaction score
So I wanted to get away from all this deflate gate hooplah.

Has anyone heard anythjng concrete regarding uniforms for each team in the Super Bowl?

One thing I have noticed is that in the last 10 Super Bowls (dating from sb39-sb48) the team wearing road whites is 9-1. The 2010-2011 packers over the steelers are the only team to wear colored jerseys and win in that span.

Since the AFC is home for even numbered Super Bowls and the NFC is home for odd numbered superbowls, that means Seattle is home this year and gets jersey preference

As far as I know alternate uniforms are not allowed in the playoffs so seahawks have 4 choices. Any combo of :

Blue or white jerseys
Blue or white pants

Seahawks fans want them to go blue on blue like they do at home games which means we would get our away combo, which could be seen as good en considering the record of away jerseys in the last 10 Super Bowls

I was wondering this as well, but for superstitious reasons I won't start a thread lol

I believe Pats are the home team which would put them in blue jerseys.

False I believe. Denver was home last year this them being in their home orange jerseys. NFC is home this year so they get choice

I gave up on jersey superstitions after the Chief's game. I was proudly wearing my Willie McGinest #55 in blue and we got killed, so jersey's are no longer an issue with me.

So I wanted to get away from all this deflate gate hooplah.

Has anyone heard anythjng concrete regarding uniforms for each team in the Super Bowl?

One thing I have noticed is that in the last 10 Super Bowls (dating from sb39-sb48) the team wearing road whites is 9-1. The 2010-2011 packers over the steelers are the only team to wear colored jerseys and win in that span.

Since the AFC is home for even numbered Super Bowls and the NFC is home for odd numbered superbowls, that means Seattle is home this year and gets jersey preference

As far as I know alternate uniforms are not allowed in the playoffs so seahawks have 4 choices. Any combo of :

Blue or white jerseys
Blue or white pants

Seahawks fans want them to go blue on blue like they do at home games which means we would get our away combo, which could be seen as good en considering the record of away jerseys in the last 10 Super Bowls

We wore white jerseys last SB we won.

We wore white jerseys last SB we won.
And blue in the first two they won.

20 - Red (L)
31 - White (L)
36 - Blue (W)
38 - Blue (W)
39 - White (W)
42 - Blue (L)
46 - Blue (L)

So they're 2-3 in colored jerseys and 1-1 in whites. Basically, play well and execute in big situations and they'll win.

Were away team I Beleive. Afc is away in odd Super Bowls.

We will be home team in Super Bowl 50...in Brady's home town. Makes sense...

I actually prefer to the Pats to wear white jerseys for this specific Super Bowl....but not because of the records of teams wearing white. I just want there to be a different 'look' to watching this year's highlights versus the last time we were in the Super Bowl.

I love rewatching highlights of these games, and SB 42 and SB 46 had too much of the same look. pats in home jerseys, giants in white jerseys, both games inside a dome.

I want there to be a different look to this game (obvious a different opponent helps).

I really really hope it's the whites. Whites have been much more successful recently. Plus I like our whites better than our blues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back