PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots sign former Buc CB Leonard Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the Pats are a team focused, how about Patriots Archipelago to define the secondary?
I love it! But the team will have to provide a thesaurus for the press box.

If Bill doesn't care, then neither do I.
I think Bill encourages it. I remember seeing a clip of the film room and he says something like, "See that guy? He just made a big play on defense and look at everyone else.... nothing. Ho hum. Just another down.... get excited! You made a play!"

As long as Johnson is doing his job well, energy is a good thing. If he starts committing penalties and trying to jump routes, I'll question his motivation.

I think Bill encourages it. I remember seeing a clip of the film room and he says something like, "See that guy? He just made a big play on defense and look at everyone else.... nothing. Ho hum. Just another down.... get excited! You made a play!"

As long as Johnson is doing his job well, energy is a good thing. If he starts committing penalties and trying to jump routes, I'll question his motivation.

Yes, the clip you're referring to was focusing on energy and overall team camaraderie. In other words, no one was acting too excited after making a tackle/stop/etc, and Belichick did not care for that. He was quick to point out the lack of energy and wanted the teammates to have each other's backs.

I would imagine that he's mostly like everyone else in the sense that he wants the players to get pumped up and have fun, but not to make careless and stupid mistakes/penalties.

Yes, the clip you're referring to was focusing on energy and overall team camaraderie. In other words, no one was acting too excited after making a tackle/stop/etc, and Belichick did not care for that. He was quick to point out the lack of energy and wanted the teammates to have each other's backs.

I would imagine that he's mostly like everyone else in the sense that he wants the players to get pumped up and have fun, but not to make careless and stupid mistakes/penalties.

Actually it was him complaining that they don't celebrate when their teammate makes a play. As in if someone scores a touchdown, he's celebrating alone and his teammates aren't their congratulating him. After that, the patriots celebrate together in the end zone. Edelman got asked why he doesn't do dances, he said "I celebrate with my teammates." Gronk hugs everyone after his spike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes