PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots sign another rookie OL, Kyle Hill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactlywhy he needs to play a full preseason. The point of preseason is to get ready to play, not to see the scrubs out there.

The only problem with your statement is that the players that will be 'protecting' that very same Brady in preseason are going to be borderline and scrubs which puts him at high risk for injury.

It's a double edged sword in this regards.

Last edited:
Exactly why he needs to play a full preseason.
The point of preseason is to get ready to play, not to see the scrubs out there.

Not behind Marcus Cannon & UDFA rookies at RT he doesn't.
And besides, I thought that the very point of preseason was to see what the scrubs can do out there.

What's with Cannon anyway? I've noticed bad reports of him being blown away at the line.

Not behind Marcus Cannon & UDFA rookies at RT he doesn't.
And besides, I thought that the very point of preseason was to see what the scrubs can do out there.
No the point of the preseason is to get the team ready for the season. Part of that is making end of the roster decisions, a bigger part is getting your #1s in sync.

What's with Cannon anyway? I've noticed bad reports of him being blown away at the line.

He's better suited at guard than OT as he doesn't seem to have the athleticism to play there, but is needed more at OT at this point in time so has to play there.

I would think 2008 would be an excellent example of why you play those #2 a lot in preseason, especially the young guys. Cassel saw a lot of blitzing and non-vanilla schemes that preseason, and started off looking rather lost.

But better in the preseason than the moment he had to step in against Kansas City.

No the point of the preseason is to get the team ready for the season. Part of that is making end of the roster decisions, a bigger part is getting your #1s in sync.

When injuries to a position as important as OL puts your Franchise player at risk,you make changes to normal preseason game decisions....I think Belichick knows that the very first time Brady goes on his back from a blindside hit,Bill will sit him soon afterwards.

Right now if Curtis Painter was my starting QB,I would be worried out his protection. :eek:

I think it would be stupid to see Brady out there for more than a few plays except in the 3rd PS game

Last edited:
When injuries to a position as important as OL puts your Franchise player at risk,you make changes to normal preseason game decisions....I think Belichick knows that the very first time Brady goes on his back from a blindside hit,Bill will sit him soon afterwards.

Right now if Curtis Painter was my starting QB,I would be worried out his protection. :eek:

I think it would be stupid to see Brady out there for more than a few plays except in the 3rd PS game
We have a professional offensive line in front of Brady. All 5 starters figure to make the team. Are you going to sit him in the regular season if we have to play backup OL?:rolleyes:
Its football. He will play sparingly because he always does in preseason game 1, but he is not going to sit because BB is afraid of who is putting on the field. Next man up is a philosophy, not an empty phrase. You don't build depth by telling your depth they suck so bad you can't put your #1 QB on the field.

I would think 2008 would be an excellent example of why you play those #2 a lot in preseason, especially the young guys. Cassel saw a lot of blitzing and non-vanilla schemes that preseason, and started off looking rather lost.

But better in the preseason than the moment he had to step in against Kansas City.
2008 is also an argument for getting your #1 Qb game ready.

2008 is also an argument for getting your #1 Qb game ready.

Ready for what? How not to get cheap-shotted by a punk thug who dove at your knees while you were standing in the pocket and not a threat to run?

BTW: If I were HC, I would not have allowed Brady to return after getting stripped/sacked.
Who knew that Solder would be the culprit instead of Cannon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes