PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Rumored Targets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, that's just what we need! :rolleyes:

Another washed up disgruntled ex-Raider WR on our team!

Don't you people ever learn?

Not to take sides, because I don't want Porter, but...

Randy Moss says "hello"

Chad Johnson to the Patriots would be the biggest waste of cap space in the history of the NFL.

What you need to do is have a look at what the #7 pick in the draft makes. Then realize that Chad has already received his bonus from the Bengals for this contract.

Do the math. Chad signed on for $30 million over 6 years when you subtract the signing bonus, an average of $5 million a year, exactly what David Givens is making, and close to what the Patriots offered Derrick Mason.

How much did last year's #7 pick in the draft sign for? 40.5 million over 6 years. Tack this year's increase onto that, and you're at 43-45 million over 6 years.

So, do you want to pay CB Mike Jenkins $7.5 million a year, or Chad Johnson $5 million a year?

What you need to do is have a look at what the #7 pick in the draft makes. Then realize that Chad has already received his bonus from the Bengals for this contract.

Do the math. Chad signed on for $30 million over 6 years when you subtract the signing bonus, an average of $5 million a year, exactly what David Givens is making, and close to what the Patriots offered Derrick Mason.

How much did last year's #7 pick in the draft sign for? 40.5 million over 6 years. Tack this year's increase onto that, and you're at 43-45 million over 6 years.

So, do you want to pay CB Mike Jenkins $7.5 million a year, or Chad Johnson $5 million a year?

If they keep Moss it would be ******ed to waste cap space where they simply don't need it.

If they keep Moss it would be ******ed to waste cap space where they simply don't need it.

With Stallworth, Washington, and possibly Gaffney gone, picking up Chad Johnson for $5mil per isn't the worst move I could think of.

With Stallworth, Washington, and possibly Gaffney gone, picking up Chad Johnson for $5mil per isn't the worst move I could think of.

For some reason, a lot of people are being very quick to dump the greatest scoring offense in NFL history.

This is the most potent offense in the history of the NFL.

This is also the same team that lost the Superbowl two seasons in a row because they couldn't stop the opposing offense from going the length of the field to score game winning td's against a suspect defense.

While it would be nice to have Chad Johnson on one side + R.Moss on the other. That money would be better spent on a young fast lb or some much needed help in the secondary.

Not to take sides, because I don't want Porter, but...

Randy Moss says "hello"

I'm pretty sure that post was sarcastic. That said, there isn't much reason to believe that Porter can do what Moss did. For one, he's not as good as Moss to begin with, but Moss also isn't the headcase that people have always wanted to portray him as. He just never really saw the point in going all-out for a losing cause.

Nah, $5 million for a 2nd WR in this league is not ******ed, especially when you're paying rookies $7.5 million. NOW THAT's ******ED.

This is the most potent offense in the history of the NFL.

This is also the same team that lost the Superbowl two seasons in a row because they couldn't stop the opposing offense from going the length of the field to score game winning td's against a suspect defense.

While it would be nice to have Chad Johnson on one side + R.Moss on the other. That money would be better spent on a young fast lb or some much needed help in the secondary.

$7.5 million on the guy at #7 over Chad Johnson. That's what you're saying. Think about it. $7.5 million a year.

I have absolutely no problem with our defense's performance in this year's Super Bowl. 17 points ain't that bad.

I paid for this site one year (big mistake), they tease you with headlines but rarely deliver any relevant information.
http://nwe.scout.com/

Now I just go there to read the headlines and then use my imagination to make up things, it is much more fun.

Seriously, you can use this site and others to glean little nuggets on who the Patriots may be pursuing.

stop bringing up CJ. They cant trade him unless he were to restructure his contract completely so they dont commit cap suicide. Its $8mil hit if he parts ways via release or trade

they said they wont trade him..i believe it and Chad will play no matter what..hes not a sitter

The Bengals have repeatedly stated they won't be trading Chad Johnson. I really don't see them doing it. Just because Chad Johnson wants a trade doesn't mean he'll get one.

This is true.

Excellent sir!!!
DW Toys

stop bringing up CJ. They cant trade him unless he were to restructure his contract completely so they dont commit cap suicide. Its $8mil hit if he parts ways via release or trade

they said they wont trade him..i believe it and Chad will play no matter what..hes not a sitter

I read that from a source who supposedly knew what he was talking about. And then I dug deeper and looked at the actual contract. He has a $5 million signing bonus. So explain to me how that translates out to a $8 million cap hit. Instead, that sounds like less than a $3 million hit (he has 3 years left on the contract). Peter King seems to think he's gone too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back