Patriots reportedly ask Brandon Lloyd to re-do contract before bonus is due

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadMoFo

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
LLoyd asked to restructure or see ya!

Mike Reiss ‏@MikeReiss

Pats aren't planning to pick up Brandon Lloyd's $3m bonus, but open 2 him returning w/ restructure, sources tell ESPN

snap!

mods. please merge with other thread just opened.

thanks

Re: LLoyd asked to restructure or see ya!

I think he does it. He is seeing the market out there for WRs not named Mike Wallace. He is considered a system guy. He's not going to get a great deal elsewhere.

Lloyd with a restructured deal is a bargain. Again, he had the best season for WR not named Welker or Lloyd since 2005.

Yeah, sounds like both sides are talking already. Now that he's essentially the veteran of the receivers, he can have a breakout year here. he will be a 2nd or 3rd receiver anywhere else he goes.

I'm no fan at all of BL. That being said....man it sucks to be at the mercy of these teams.

If BL is retained, his only role should be as #3 WR featured on 3rd down. Can't have a no YAC WR as a starter....but he is a proven first down target and quality depth.

I think he does it. He is seeing the market out there for WRs not named Mike Wallace. He is considered a system guy. He's not going to get a great deal elsewhere.

Lloyd with a restructured deal is a bargain. Again, he had the best season for WR not named Welker or Lloyd since 2005.

I'm not 100% clear on the cap ramifications of cutting ties with Lloyd. Bedard and others have cited our cap space growing by close to $5 mill I think; but Miguel and others have at $2.9. Considering I can't think of an instance where Miguel got a detail wrong, I know what I'm banking on.

So I'd rather keep him at a reduced hit for this year. Seems like the best deal for both sides. Fully agree with your logic regarding the market that is out there.

I hope he stays. The hate for Lloyd is almost purely stylistic.

I'm no fan at all of BL. That being said....man it sucks to be at the mercy of these teams.

If BL is retained, his only role should be as #3 WR featured on 3rd down. Can't have a no YAC WR as a starter....but he is a proven first down target and quality depth.

Llyod is good for certain plays.

What I never want to see is another screen pass to him.

Schef just reported Lloyd IS willing to restructure.

I hope he views this as a disrespect and leaves he's a pansy receiver who spends too much time on his knees. Lloyd's leaving would make my off season.

Booo Boooo Boooo Booo.:mad::mad:

I hope he views this as a disrespect and leaves he's a pansy receiver who spends too much time on his knees. Lloyd's leaving would make my off season.

Dislike

Smart move by the Pats knowing he has absolutely no market elsewhere and has no choice but to take a pay cut here.

Can't believe people don't want Lloyd back especially if he's willing to restructure. I don't want 100% turnover at the WR position it's too much risk.

I dunno - I like Lloyd - I love him at a deep discount

Keep Lloyd, he's not breaking the bank plus he should be better this year with a yr under shis belt. Hopefully the reason for restructure is to use some $$$ on Sanders. I'll happilly take Sanders/Lloyd/Amendola/Jones paired up w/ Gronk and Hernandez

Oh stop it. The guy my be a flopper but he gets it done. For christ sakes you would think the stat heads here would love the guy after what we had for WR failures the last few years.

AND if BL is going to restructure AFTER he had already taken a pretty friendly deal to come here then he is showing what a TEAM guy he really is.

This guy is putting up Bolden numbers on a cheap deal that just got cheaper.

And people here complain. It is no wonder the rest of the country thinks we are the most obnoxious fans in sports.

Yes, because having a WR who had 74 catches for 911 yards and 4 TDs at back up money just sucks. Again, name a receiver other than Moss or Welker who has performed better than Lloyd since 2005. Other than maybe Branch in his partial season in 2010, there isn't one.

Why wouldn't he be? I'm sure he sees Welker's departure as a perfect chance for him to get more attention. Remember what he did for McD in 2010.
You get more passes to you if you don't have Welker always getting open when he is earlier in the progressions than you are.
I expect Lloyd to restructure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe