Status
Not open for further replies.

pats1

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

June 02, 2006
Jackson waived

The Patriots waived rookie safety Keon Jackson today. Jackson, who played in college at Toledo, was originally signed May 8. He was a longshot to make the roster.

The 23-year-old Jackson (5-foot-11, 206 pounds) played strong safety and was a four-year starter at Toledo. He totaled 283 career tackles and 10 interceptions, and was a first team All-Mid American Conference selection as a senior in 2005.

The Patriots now have the following safeties on the roster:

Rodney Harrison
Artrell Hawkins
Jarvis Herring
Tebucky Jones
Mel Mitchell
James Sanders
Guss Scott
Ray Ventrone
Eugene Wilson
Randall Gay and Chad Scott, natural cornerbacks, have also lined up at the position.

LOOK AHEAD: Barring any unexpected Patriots transactions, we'll plan on posting our next update on Monday. Have a great weekend.

Posted By: mreiss | Time: 02:21:38 PM

http://www.patriots.com/news/index.cfm?ac=latestnewsdetail&pid=19406&pcid=47

6/2/06
Patriots Waive S Keon Jackson
Chris Ferreira

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. - The New England Patriots waived rookie safety Keon Jackson today. New England had signed him as an undrafted free agent on May 8, 2006.

Jackson, 23, attended the University of Toledo, where he was a four-year starter. The 5-foot-11-inch, 206-pound strong safety recorded 283 career tackles and 10 interceptions for the Rockets. He returned four of his 10 career interceptions for touchdowns and was named first team All-Mid American Conference as a senior in 2005.

ImgDyn.cfm

Last edited:
Interesting....looks a bit better for Bubba...Every safety that is cut means he has a better shot at it. Kind of thought Jackson would stay around a bit.. but cuts were inevitable...

i was suprised..i heard he was only 1 able to cover Chad or stay with him at least during rookie camp..thought he was better than Herring

Remix 6 said:
i was suprised..i heard he was only 1 able to cover Chad or stay with him at least during rookie camp..thought he was better than Herring
No..you are thinking of Willie Andrews who was able to cover CJ...Maybe Herring is better..I kind of thought one UDFA Safety would stick..at least into camp...6 more to go!!

They cut Keon? Great. We're screwed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye