PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots reach an agreement with TE Daniel Fells

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great signing to ad depth and insurance to a critical position for this O. BB can wheel and deal during the draft.

Don't be such a ****, Mo. JAG is short for "just another guy". By definition "just another guy" in the NFL is a very good football ball player. I wasn't insulting him. You said the EXACTLY same thing by calling him a "journeyman" WTF is the difference, Mo? JAGs are exact the kind of players who make up the bottom third of NFL rosters all over the league, and Daniel Fells falls into this category EXACTLY.

So in reality on the issue of Daniel Fells, we have no issue (except for your inability to comprehend that a JAG and an journeyman are the same thing). So lets get to the REAL issue of the post, Mo, which has less to do about Daniel Fells, and more to do with creating some personal conflict between you and I. It seems to me that YOUR comments are a LOT more "knee jerk" and "impatient" than mine were. What's up with that?

They are not the same thing any more than an elite player or a starter are.

Just another guy (jag) is not a very good football player. While that's actually the definition of what a journeyman is, someone who is more than servicable and competent at a position. They form the backbone of most winning rosters. Whereas a jag is a warm/camp/end of roster body that may or may not be even servicable in a pinch let alone competent, but absent a viable alternative you kick his tires.

Benny is a journeyman RB. He's not an elite talent suitable as a feature back yet he's competent as a starter in the right system and scheme as part of a tandem or rotation. So he's not a jag. Journeyman work their way up and stick around sometimes for a decade. Jags are usually gone within a couple of seasons or stops.

Like Reiss stated in the link above, this is not a minimum contract kind of signing.

Fells is really a Beefed up WR he must be 252 soaking wet look more like 235lbs to me.

I like the signing and it makes total sense with both Gronk and Hernandez fighting minor ailments the past two years...need depth.

We also have Dorin ****erson on the PC. I was hoping for Jacob Tamme but Fells is solid.

Good news: Bill doesn't (I hope) waste another 5th-rounder (which he doesn't have now, anyway)
on a one-dimensional UDFA talent at TE, like he did last year.

Bad news: this likely means that we go through another season without a true lead-blocking,
ass-kicking FB on the 53.

BTW, I figure that Fells' blocking ability lies somewhere btwn Gronk & Hernandez,
but what does the rest of football think of it?

Can Fleener play safety in the New England Patriots defensive secondary?

1.) Sarcasm based on some other posters' advocating for Fleener in the 1st round.

2.) I don't like any of the safeties from this draft in the first round. Bad value.

Wow, 19 catches 3 TDs with Tebow, 41 catches with Rams in 2010, he's not that bad. He'll be wide open on every play too. :D This is the craziest offense ever.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back