PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots - Ravens week 16 injury reports and updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was the problem a concussion or did we make the assumption?
This week's injury report states he's been limited because of a concussion. You'd have to assume he got one last Sunday because I think playing him in MIA then listing him the following week with the same concussion he got against CLE would not be possible. So, to summarize, I think it's safe to say Solder did suffer a concussion against MIA.

This week's injury report states he's been limited because of a concussion. You'd have to assume he got one last Sunday because I think playing him in MIA then listing him the following week with the same concussion he got against CLE would not be possible. So, to summarize, I think it's safe to say Solder did suffer a concussion against MIA.

I don't think it's that cut and dry. It may be possible that he was still exhibiting symptoms of the concussion that he got against Cleveland. Of course, it's also possible (given our prestigious team doctor) that his brain suffered a minor earthquake and Gill just said, "**** it, throw him back in there!".

I don't think it's that cut and dry. It may be possible that he was still exhibiting symptoms of the concussion that he got against Cleveland. Of course, it's also possible (given our prestigious team doctor) that his brain suffered a minor earthquake and Gill just said, "**** it, throw him back in there!".
I hear you about the doctor. I'm just assuming that when a player passes the tests necessary to play in a game, they would no longer be listed on the injury report with a concussion the following week. Therefore, Solder being listed this week is because of a new one suffered against MIA.

Adam Caplan ✔ @caplannfl

#Ravens QB Joe Flacco (left MCL sprain-questionable) is still expected to start, but his knee is a little more sore than first thought.

He's going to be hurting out there...lets see how confident he is with his knee

And Dobson did make the trip

Nick Underhill ‏@Nick_Underhill 3m
I’m told that Aaron Dobson made the trip

Good sign.

Michael Whitmer ‏@GlobeWhitmer 3m

Patriots announce that Nate Solder and Kenbrell Thompkins have been downgraded to out for Sunday's game.

Damn. I was hoping KT would be ready to go. Dobson needs to be in the lineup or its going to be a long day for the offense.

Our OL is going to be ugly tomorrow...

Yeah, I was a bit apprehensive of Solder's chances of playing after the 2 consecutive concussions, not to mention Thompkins' reports of a sudden return to health after being deemed gimpy as hell just last week.

Hopefully we get them back soon, and are able to produce without them tomorrow.

M
M ankakkkSkjjwknnhhjnaoaklpsoooso

We're snake bit. Darn rooks can't even stay healthy. :mad:

Defense will need to play their best game of the year for us to win.

Does anyone know how many of our injuries were truly "season ending"?

I know Gronk and Wilforks were definite season enders.

But what about Kelly? Could he come back in time for playoffs IF we kept him on the roster? I think his was the type of injury that would've put him out for 8-9 weeks but we put him on IR anyway for the roster spot.

But what about Kelly? Could he come back in time for playoffs IF we kept him on the roster? I think his was the type of injury that would've put him out for 8-9 weeks but we put him on IR anyway for the roster spot.

The Patriots used their IR with a designation to return on Vereen earlier in the year, so once Kelly was placed on IR in early November, he's out for the season no matter how far they get. Too bad about that injury, he was playing at a high level.

It's not entirely clear that was the reason, though it could have been; after all, the Pats have had healthy scratches every week this season.

FWIW, Kelly did come back to practice for a day or two, and then went on IR right after that.

Kelly came back to practice from his injury..but went on IR after something happened in practice. It was his knee to begin with..so it could't have been good

only thing i can think of to keep him out this long is a torn something in knee...but we may never know

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes