PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Pregame Thread Patriots Pregame Thread Week 18: Jete @ Pats

Pregame Discussion ahead of the LIVE game day discussion thread. The actual Game Thread will Open an hour ahead of kickoff.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have moved on mentally Tune I don't like any of of our guys @ QB.

Losing the last game does not help as much as you imagine, there are other rookie QB prospects worth landing beyond the first two. And alternate ways of bolstering the position while stocking other needs on offense.

Losing the last game does not help as much as you imagine, there are other rookie QB prospects worth landing beyond the first two. And alternate ways of bolstering the position while stocking other needs on offense.
I agree I am cool with Nix or Penix Jr would be all over Tee Higgins if he's not Tagged in FA.

I agree I am cool with Nix or Penix Jr would be all over Tee Higgins if he's not Tagged in FA.

Or Jayden Daniels perhaps, although skipping his school's bowl game to prep for the draft is not a good look, IMO. I don't know much about these college QBs but I doubt any of them can offer immediate help at the pro level. Nor should they be expected to.

Or Jayden Daniels perhaps, although skipping his school's bowl game to prep for the draft is not a good look, IMO.
I think that's the norm now if they are not in that Playoffs Bowl games.

Or Jayden Daniels perhaps, although skipping his school's bowl game to prep for the draft is not a good look, IMO. I don't know much about these college QBs but I doubt any of them can offer immediate help at the pro level. Nor should they be expected to.
Didn't Maye do it too?

This is prob the most confident I’ve felt about winning a game all year. The Jets suck and I think Pats players knowing this could be Bills last game will come out fighting for him and ultimately win.

Looking at the current draft order and remaing game:

1. CHI. 2-14 1st pick lock
2. WASH. 4-12 vs DAL
3. NE. 4-12 vs NYJ
4. ARI. 4-12 vs SEA
5. NYG. 5-11 vs PHI
6. LAC. 5-11 vs KC
7.TENN. 5-11 vs JAX

A win could give us a serious move down on the draft board. It's likely a win would log jam us with the current 5 win teams who I think will all lose next week. Not sure what the tie breaker scenario is.

Looking at the current draft order and remaing game:

1. CHI. 2-14 1st pick lock
2. WASH. 4-12 vs DAL
3. NE. 4-12 vs NYJ
4. ARI. 4-12 vs SEA
5. NYG. 5-11 vs PHI
6. LAC. 5-11 vs KC
7.TENN. 5-11 vs JAX

A win could give us a serious move down on the draft board. It's likely a win would log jam us with the current 5 win teams who I think will all lose next week. Not sure what the tie breaker scenario is.

There is a thread called Tankathon with a lot more details.

Will we get to see the Jets OT Carter Warren play? He’s the guy they took with our pick in the fourth round when Billy Notgoat had a burning urging desire to trade up for Chad Wideleft.

Obviously, with Warren coming back from injury and playing well at both LT and RT as a rookie who missed most of his senior year in college, this move looks dubious for the Patriots and excellent for the Jets. They acquired an additional sixth rounder (184) merely going back from 112 to 120.

Good if you can find a sap like that.

This game is a win-win.

- Lose the game and they're guaranteed a top-3 pick, possibly top 2 if things go right
- Win the game and the Patriots get to extend their win streak over the J-E-T-E to 16 straight despite being a dumpster fire this year, and they still most likely get the 5th pick at worst but possibly better

I am personally good either way. I will sacrifice the win streak to get the prophesied QB of the future, but I won't be mad to keep it alive and hang it over the head of the swamp dwellers another year.

This game is a win-win.

- Lose the game and they're guaranteed a top-3 pick, possibly top 2 if things go right
- Win the game and the Patriots get to extend their win streak over the J-E-T-E to 16 straight despite being a dumpster fire this year, and they still most likely get the 5th pick at worst but possibly better

I am personally good either way. I will sacrifice the win streak to get the prophesied QB of the future, but I won't be mad to keep it alive and hang it over the head of the swamp dwellers another year.
Poll-worthy alternatives. I vote 16 straight over the JETE.

and RLKAG!

Eff the Jete. Pull out all stops. STs TDs, Defensive scores, trick plays, real kitchen sink stuff.

I do not want to see Bill's last game be like Tom's.
I was in attendance for that one. The game itself sucked and it was pouring rain, I had horrible seats way up high, but the crowd atmosphere was actually great! Everyone was cheering for Tom and giving a lot of love knowing it might be his last game. I look back fondly on it despite it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back