Welcome to PatsFans.com

Patriots Play Basketball

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Va_Pats_Fan, May 6, 2007.

1. Va_Pats_Fan

Va_Pats_Fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

A couple went and played @ a charity game. Got a smile out of the writer critiquing their BB skills.

http://www.eagletribune.com/pusports/local_story_125093843?keyword=secondarystory page=2

2. Remix 6

Remix 6 Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Faulks the man. BALLIN
  3. Aqua4Ever04

Aqua4Ever04 Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

How would you guys feel if one of your big guns went down for the year in a chairty basketball game?
  4. Remix 6

Remix 6 Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

..**** happens.

whos to say they wont get injured walking to their car or around the house? They have things they enjoy away from football and no team should ever control what a player should or can do away from football.

its a shame if it happens though..like Edwards who got hurt in flag football i believe
  5. Aqua4Ever04

Aqua4Ever04 Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I guess that's the way I would feel too. But it would suck to have a season ruined from something fluky like that happening. If Jason Taylor or Tom Brady were to go down in a chairty B-ball game, it would be devistating for Dolphins/Patriots fans.
  6. Remix 6

Remix 6 Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

it would be devastating but as pissed off as youd be at first..you would eventually realize..theres other things besides football and they were doing it for a good cause.

these guys are competitive..still young .. you just pray for the best
    Last edited: May 6, 2007
  7. wdkantro2

wdkantro2 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I'd be pissed if someone got hurt, but FYI, the Pats aren't the only team who have their players go out and do stuff like this for charity.
  8. Aqua4Ever04

Aqua4Ever04 Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Well yeah, these guys aren't kept in nonactive chambers in the off-season. But there are clauses such as ones that prohibit the players from riding motorcycles. (Kellen Winslow)
  9. sebman2112

sebman2112 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yup, Robert Edwards was hurt playing flag football during Pro Bowl weekend. He was coming of an outstanding rookie season, too.

291 carries for 1,115 yards 9 TD's 35 Rec. 331 yards 3 TD's = 1,446 total offensive yards and 12 total offensive TD's

I remember watching him go off on the Rams (24 carries 196 yards) and thinking he was going to be a very special RB.

Funny Edwards and Terrell Davis both went to the same college, both bad great '08 seasons, and both had their NFL career severily effected/ended by leg injuries shortly after.
    Last edited: May 6, 2007
  10. Crazy Patriot Guy

Crazy Patriot Guy Rookie

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -1

#11 Jersey

I guess a lot would depend on how something happened. I think any fan would have to be out of their minds to get really upset at a player for getting hurt playing charity basketball. I along with everyone would be upset at the SITUATION but to get upset at the PLAYER would be incredibly hypocrtical. A sport like basketball being played for fun isn't something that causes a lot of injuries based on lack of training or skill. We've all gotten hurt or maybe even missed work because of something we've done many times but once just happened to get injured.

Now, if the players had particpated in a charity Ultimate Fighting cage match royal rumble, ttheeeeeennnnn I might be a little pissed at their judgement.
  11. zippo59

zippo59 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Go Kevin Faulk!