PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Daily News Thread Patriots Monday 10/9

Daily news threads with relevant news, stories, video, or additional content around the team. Feel free to contribute anything interesting you come across as well, which will hopefully make these helpful for people to keep up with what's going on with the team by having all the news in one place.
Zappe is not the answer. Did you see his throws? He had more opportunity to throw to open deep routes than Mac did (3), and he sailed every one horribly wide. I'd honestly rather have Malik at QB. Or test out Grier over Zappe - who was supposed to only be on the PS.
Also, if they can kick T. Brown in the pants and get him to try, and stop playing OL musical chairs, and scheme better runs, than Mac could have a chance to do what we saw at stretches in the first 2 games.
He did not get to practice much and he came into the game when team had given up. Not saying he is the answer but unfair to grade him on that.

We need to see him for an extended time. Jones is done.

He did not get to practice much and he came into the game when team had given up. Not saying he is the answer but unfair to grade him on that.

We need to see him for an extended time. Jones is done.
Zappe isn’t the answer. Putting him in is only “let’s see the other guy” and the other guy is worse.
I’ve reached the point that I think jones is the problem but Zappe would be worse

Don't care. Anyone but Jones.
That is just an emotional response. Your feelings are hurt that they aren’t winning.
That emotion is dominating this board now and people feel better by attacking whoever they can.

That is just an emotional response. Your feelings are hurt that they aren’t winning.
That emotion is dominating this board now and people feel better by attacking whoever they can.
Not at all. It's a reaction to him playing horribly.

How can anyone say Jones is the problem??
It's just reactionary fandom nonsense.
Have you watched Zappe for 3 quarters? Has he done ANYTHING to give you reason to think he has what it takes?
The problem is the OL - has been for 2 years. Constant rotation, constant injury, and sub-par talent.
That directly affects the run game, which affects the pass game.
After OL - it is clearly the sub par receiving corp. No QB could survive with that OL, or make magic with those WR's.
It's a wide ranging roster problem - which is 100% BB's problem.

Not at all. It's a reaction to him playing horribly.
“Anyone else” is emotional. Stick with the better player and coach him up is smarter than go with the worse player just because I’m angry.

How can anyone say Jones is the problem??
It's just reactionary fandom nonsense.
Have you watched Zappe for 3 quarters? Has he done ANYTHING to give you reason to think he has what it takes?
The problem is the OL - has been for 2 years. Constant rotation, constant injury, and sub-par talent.
That directly affects the run game, which affects the pass game.
After OL - it is clearly the sub par receiving corp. No QB could survive with that OL, or make magic with those WR's.
It's a wide ranging roster problem - which is 100% BB's problem.
Watch all of jones pass attempts yesterday and tell me he isn’t the problem.
There were plenty of open receivers that he just missed and bad decisions as well.

Zappe is worse.

Sure the OL has been an issue but the entire success of an offense falls apart when you have open receivers and the qb can’t hit them. It happened a lot yesterday.

Probably sacrilegious, and never thought I'd say this, but f*ck it, tank, draft a top QB and brind in youngish (preferably offensive) coach and GM.
( I like Mayo, but he's only played and coached under Bellichick)

Watch all of jones pass attempts yesterday and tell me he isn’t the problem.
There were plenty of open receivers that he just missed and bad decisions as well.

Zappe is worse.

Sure the OL has been an issue but the entire success of an offense falls apart when you have open receivers and the qb can’t hit them. It happened a lot yesterday.
Jones doesn't seem to be the long term answer, and there's a lot better QB's we'd all love to have. But, for this year, there's no obvious answer. Because we don't have a good team around the QB. Everyone would point to the OL and skill players being inferior, so what QB could make this team suddenly good?

Jones doesn't seem to be the long term answer, and there's a lot better QB's we'd all love to have. But, for this year, there's no obvious answer. Because we don't have a good team around the QB. Everyone would point to the OL and skill players being inferior, so what QB could make this team suddenly good?
Well a qb who would have completed the passes to open receivers yesterday would have made the offense exponentially better by making plays and staying in the field.

I agree we don’t have a better option on the roster, and trying to coach Jones up is the best hope, but he is the bulk of the problem right now.

Well a qb who would have completed the passes to open receivers yesterday would have made the offense exponentially better by making plays and staying in the field.

I agree we don’t have a better option on the roster, and trying to coach Jones up is the best hope, but he is the bulk of the problem right now.
What has Will Grier done to not be given a chance to steer the ship?

Why are we discounting Will Griers ability to be able to protect the ball and move an offense?
What crap games has he played to not be trusted?
Answer is he hasn’t done anything to show he doesn’t belong in this league.
He should get a change to get reps in a game for us.

Why are we discounting Will Griers ability to be able to protect the ball and move an offense?
What crap games has he played to not be trusted?
Answer is he hasn’t done anything to show he doesn’t belong in this league.
He should get a change to get reps in a game for us.
What has he done to prove he can’t play? He hadn’t shown anything to make you believe he can play.
Every evaluation says he barely belongs in a roster.

By the way, you do realize he hasn’t played a game in 4 years and when he did he threw 3 picks right?

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back