PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots @ Lions on NFL Network

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ouch, enemy territory, have to imagine they're 2nd worst in terms of fans next to Jet fans. Streaming rules, Before I discovered it I used to skype my parents back in Boston and had them point the camera at the TV, lol.

I actually have them as my personal #1 most hated fanbase even above the NYJ fans, but that's just me. I can't stand them...any of them. Classless to the core. The fans, the players, the sportscasters--all of them.

The only positive lately was the fact that I was able to attend the games here the past few seasons, but this year they play up in Foxborough. My second closest bet was going to Cleveland, and they actually play up in Foxborough too this season, so I'm screwed on both accounts.

I am planning on making the drive either to Cincinnati or Baltimore though, so that should help.

No way am I watching that abortion again.

Can't agree that it was an "abortion" as I don't count the second half as meaning anything. Looking at the players who will be THE players (the first half), even with the heart of the D, Wilfork, not there they still played well. The Lions were given very short fields multiple times yet with the exception of a gross over pursuit (the big screen to Bush) and a blown middle field cover assignment, the D performance was very solid (the short middle might be a concern again though). Given this performance and last week's performance, the prospects for the D are potentially very promising.

On the O side, no doubt the O line was eaten alive in the run game. Point blank it was awful. And the pass blocking was inconsistent (had some good moments, had an unacceptable amount of lousy ones). Yet the Patriots offensive suck-dom/the score had a lot to do with shooting themselves in the foot. I don't believe that will be the case as the season begins and progresses. With just a modest less amount of their own mistakes, the game is tight going into half. But on the positive side, Kenbrel, ouch on the two drops, looking very good. And while Brady had a shaky few periods, he otherwise was pretty well on target (with the above normal pressure). Julian showing a few good things. And unlike some others here, I saw a few good things from Dobson.

Also, same old Lions, cheap shot artists. I look forward to seeing them stumble and their coach bursting a seam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes