PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Legal Counsel Rebuttal of Wells Report

Status
Not open for further replies.
No offense, but you two don't get it. The ideal ending would have been Goodell reversing everything on appeal, not having to wait months and hope for a court victory. Yes, such an occurrence was incredibly unlikely, but it's now a 0% chance.

You really thought there was a chance Goodell would reverse everything based one what? The way the media has been feeling so bad for the Patriots? Or the way Kraft and Brady were so apologetic in professing their innocence? There was already a 0% chance these were reversed upon appeal. Brady will still probably get his knocked down, but there's obvious bias and a sense of celebration from people in the league about "finally getting" the Pats. In the words of the great Vinny - "You're in the deep south. You killed two good 'ol boys, there is no way that this is not going to trial."

If McNally calls Jastremski "Dorito Dink" why is so ridiculous to think McNally's nickname is "Deflator" because he is losing weight. Now is either more ridiculous than the other?

Last edited:
This is the absolute truth, not a joke : During a period of great weight loss I referred to myself to my wife as "The Incredible Deflating Man" , and made jokes about deflating as my clothes began to be too large on me.

So I guess I am to blame for this whole mess.
(That part was a joke)

I hope there are enough national (hell even local guys) who will actually put together all the more important points of the website rather than the silliness of the Deflator and ESPN texts that everyone seems to be focusing on.

I can't see the date. When was this term used?

A quick Google search has the article posted as early as 6/28/2014 but it may have been posted earlier than that I only looked for about 5 seconds LOL

Isn't today the day that Brady must submit his appeal? Has he done it yet?

People were already talking about Brady's suspension being overturned. Goodell already knew what was coming. If you don't want to see what I'm seeing, that's up to you. I'm just trying to offer my take on things, based upon training and experience. Everyone is, naturally, welcome to their own opinions

At this point, I don't think that's enough for Brady or Pats, just getting the suspension overturned. Goodell just threw a sucker punch at a heavy weight. They want to hit him back, they want everyone to know that they are innocent. At this point, it's more important that the legacy and name aren't tarnished. So they are fighting back.

At this point, I don't think that's enough for Brady or Pats, just getting the suspension overturned. Goodell just threw a sucker punch at a heavy weight. They want to hit him back, they want everyone to know that they are innocent. At this point, it's more important that the legacy and name aren't tarnished. So they are fighting back.

Goodell's done. It's now just a question of "when" for that.

Programming note, for your listening pleasure:

Jim Turner, one of those attacked in the Martin report, will be on WEEI at 3:30 pm

I hope there are enough national (hell even local guys) who will actually put together all the more important points of the website rather than the silliness of the Deflator and ESPN texts that everyone seems to be focusing on.
They found their talking points that agreed w/their narrative. I doubt you will see important points covered. They all need the "Cliff notes."

I hate to say this, but from a public PR standpoint this was a swing and miss. If this is warning shot across the bow of Goodell that the Pats have the goods to go to court, they were more successful.

Goodell's done. It's now just a question of "when" for that.

Your expertise on the way things like this go is laughably greater than mine, so I'll yield to you on this. But my gut (which despite growing, isn't getting a lot more intuitive), still tells me to believe it when I see it. If Goodell's fate was dictated by justice and logic, he would have been gone a long time ago.

I hate to say this, but from a public PR standpoint this was a swing and miss. If this is warning shot across the bow of Goodell that the Pats have the goods to go to court, they were more successful.
I wouldve rather have them come out and do a presser to answer all followup questions.

Your expertise on the way things like this go is laughably greater than mine, so I'll yield to you on this. But my gut (which despite growing, isn't getting a lot more intuitive), still tells me to believe it when I see it. If Goodell's fate was dictated by justice and logic, he would have been gone a long time ago.

Kraft has been his staunchest ally, and Kraft just blew him out of the water. Goodell's deal is up in 2017. My expectation is that he won't be staying on after that. The question, to me, is whether he lasts that long.

And, to look at a bit of a macabre light, if Robert were to pass on in the meantime, all reports are that Jonathan is much more like me, in terms of being willing to take a flame thrower to things.

But I am absolutely, like you, just trying to read the tea leaves.

I don't think an Patriots fan can really care about public opinion, see silly Spygate over reaction et all as proof. All I care about is getting this fixed in a court or appeal.

I want the First Round pick back and that First Round pick to become a once in a generation player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back