PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriot's in the mix for Brandon Flowers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We all know he isn't a shutdown corner..but if he gets the receiver off of his step for 1-2 seconds..will disrupt everything

Again I'm agreeing with what everyone is saying. My point is that there are some who feel browner is in the mold of an shutdown corner when he is not.

Do not see the fit schematically. Flowers struggled in Sutton's man-press scheme in 2013. If the Patriots scheme is going do similar things with the db's (which some here, including myself suspect), then I do not think it is good value for the Patriots to overpay for a guy whose skill-set does not translate to the man-press coverages.

Flowers would do much better in Houston where his skill set meshes with the zone based coverage Romeo runs, IMHO, unless he surprisingly agrees to a vet minimum type deal as a depth piece with Browner suspended for the first four weeks and Dennard recovering from shoulder surgery.

Last edited:
I think the pats called his agent to see what his asking and that's about it as for will he fit the system ? I say yes he would and would be a upgrade at #3 CB but IMO his asking price will be to high some team will pay him 6 or 7 million to be there #2 CB

Arrington is no guarantee to make the roster. The Pats have Browner, Revis, Dennard, and Ryan. They also have Justin Green and Daxton Swanson. Justin Green showed enough to challenge Arrington for the spot inside and I think that Swanson could be the surprise UDFA that the Pats seem to find.

That would put Arrington on the outside looking in. And with the way that he's been abused both inside and outside the last couple of years, I believe he's ripe to be pushed out. Particularly if they can perform as well at gunner as Arrington does.

The Pats, unfortunately, take a hit if they cut Arrington. That doesn't make him an absolute guarantee to make the roster, but it's pretty damn close to a guarantee. That contract was an absolute atrocity.

The Pats, unfortunately, take a hit if they cut Arrington. That doesn't make him an absolute guarantee to make the roster, but it's pretty damn close to a guarantee. That contract was an absolute atrocity.
One of the worst extensions I have ever seen us give. He is supposed to be our slot corner but he got beat like a drum by that JAG in the Steelers game.

The Pats won 55-31. What JAG? Sanders? Cotchery?

a year later and you are hating on Arrington for some perceived weakness he showed in a blowout win?

all this Patriot player hate is ruining this board.

The Pats won 55-31. What JAG? Sanders? Cotchery?

a year later and you are hating on Arrington for some perceived weakness he showed in a blowout win?

all this Patriot player hate is ruining this board.
Lol so because they're blowing them out it doesn't matter that he got burned multiple times? Cotchery went for 100 yards and 2 or 3 TD's on Arrington (I think he may have been pulled by the third one). He was getting torched so bad the commentators were even trashing him and I'm pretty sure he ended up getting benched.

No way -- that's the guy common wisdom said we obviously should have taken instead of Tavon Wilson!! Granted he's ben injured, but still...safety talent is tough to come by these days.

Where'd that so-called "common wisdom" come from? They should have gone LB or WR, not S.

Where'd that so-called "common wisdom" come from? They should have gone LB or WR, not S.

Sorry, didn't mean to imply overall draft strategy, just talking about the safeties who were preferred over Wilson.

The common wish was for "one of the Brandons," Taylor or Hardin. They were the next two safeties drafted, in the first half of round 3. Two years later, BOTH have been cut by the teams that drafted them -- as have the next two safeties after them.

Safety in 2012 reminds me of TE this year: a major need meeting a terrible draft class.

Lol so because they're blowing them out it doesn't matter that he got burned multiple times? Cotchery went for 100 yards and 2 or 3 TD's on Arrington (I think he may have been pulled by the third one). He was getting torched so bad the commentators were even trashing him and I'm pretty sure he ended up getting benched.
Cotchery's receptions:
1. 15 yard catch in Spikes' zone underneath (Arrington came up from deeper coverage to make the tackle)
2. 20 yard TD on Arrington
3. 8 yard TD on Ryan
4. 16 yard reception on Ryan
5. 17 yard reception on Cole
6. 14 yard reception on Cole
7. 6 yard TD on Spikes

Arrington gave up receptions of 42, 11, and 7 to Sanders, one for 6 to Brown, and the 20 yard TD to Cotchery. He played 74 of 76 snaps, so no he was not benched. Outside of the part about the announcers (which I'm not going to watch the whole game to check for), the only thing you have right is that he got burned multiple times, because yes, two qualifies as multiple.

Cotchery's receptions:
1. 15 yard catch in Spikes' zone underneath (Arrington came up from deeper coverage to make the tackle)
2. 20 yard TD on Arrington
3. 8 yard TD on Ryan
4. 16 yard reception on Ryan
5. 17 yard reception on Cole
6. 14 yard reception on Cole
7. 6 yard TD on Spikes

Arrington gave up receptions of 42, 11, and 7 to Sanders, one for 6 to Brown, and the 20 yard TD to Cotchery. He played 74 of 76 snaps, so no he was not benched. Outside of the part about the announcers (which I'm not going to watch the whole game to check for), the only thing you have right is that he got burned multiple times, because yes, two qualifies as multiple.
He's been benched multiple times for poor play. I'm pretty sure he was benched 2 years ago against Seattle as well. There's also this...http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2014/...should-stay-demoted-for-new-england-patriots/
I don't hate Arrington I just do t think he's worth what we paid him.

He's been benched multiple times for poor play. I'm pretty sure he was benched 2 years ago against Seattle as well. There's also this...http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2014/...should-stay-demoted-for-new-england-patriots/
I don't hate Arrington I just do t think he's worth what we paid him.
I'm not a huge fan of Arrington and thought the contract he received was laughable (it was a reaction to the state of the Patriots Secondary at the time) but you need to support your claims with multiple sources to validate them.

I'm not a huge fan of Arrington and thought the contract he received was laughable (it was a reaction to the state of the Patriots Secondary at the time) but you need to support your claims with multiple sources to validate them.
Ok there's this from rotoworld which pulled it from the Boston Herald "
Patriots RCB Kyle Arrington was benched in favor of rookie Alfonzo Dennard in the first quarter of Week 6.
He was benched after allowing Doug Baldwin's 50-yard and 24-yard catches, the latter for a TD. Arrington was reinserted with New England's nickel package and figures to keep his job, but he's got to play better. On the season, Arrington has two pass breakups and no interceptions after leading the NFL with seven in 2011. Oct. 14 - 9:51 pm et
Source: Boston Herald

Then from the article I posted in my last post

"Apparently, Matt Patricia had seen enough of Arrington’s antics. The fifth-year cornerback was not giving up any big plays, but he was surrendering the most receptions of any of the Patriots defensive backs. That has been par for the course all season long, yet it took until now for Patricia to realize this.

It is better late than never though. Arrington was reportedly benched in the late second quarter, and the defense only gave up 10 points after that. This all came after Andrew Luck was lighting up the Patriots’ defensive backs.

And on came Ryan to save the day. Ryan has been a fine rookie this season, demonstrating ball skills similar to what Devin McCourty was showing in his own rookie season. Yet for some reason, Patricia thought it would be best to play Ryan sparingly."

No way -- that's the guy common wisdom said we obviously should have taken instead of Tavon Wilson!! Granted he's ben injured, but still...safety talent is tough to come by these days.

I thought Trumaine Johnson was the guy "common wisdom" said we obviously should have taken instead of Tavon Wilson.

I thought Trumaine Johnson was the guy "common wisdom" said we obviously should have taken instead of Tavon Wilson.

Common wisdom said the safety class was lousy outside of Barron, and to avoid them until late in the draft. Common wisdom was on the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft