PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots in mix for Kevin Walter? [Update: re-signed by Texans]

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDSal45

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
From the Ravens website:

Another player who is reportedly drawing the interest of Ozzie Newsome is Houston Texans wide receiver Kevin Walter. Unfortunately for Ozzie he isn’t alone. The Patriots, Browns, Jaguars and Bucs have all rumored to be in the mix. Walter was a 7th round pick by the Giants in 2003. He was eventually cut by New York and picked up by the Bengals where he served as a backup for three seasons. He moved on to Houston and has become a solid No. 2 receiver opposite Andre Johnson. Over the past three seasons Walter has averaged 59 catches for 770 yards and 5 scores.

J D Sal

Re: Patriots in mix for Kevin Walter?

Will replace Welker with him, although some say we already have that type of guy in Edleman..

Not at all, Walter is a big possession receiver. He can play the slot but he's nothing like Welker/Edelman.

Last edited:

Yes, he would be more the Gaffney-role fit. Something they didn't adequately replace last year.

J D Sal

Would be a very strong number 3 in my opinion. I would not be displeased if he were signed.

Would be a very strong number 3 in my opinion. I would not be displeased if he were signed.

I would be ecstatic! It would fill a hole and save a pick for the defense!

Let's get a real WR in here, like Brandon Marshall or Anquan Boldin, enough of the #2/#3 WR scenario, we need something real to compete with Cromartie and Revis and that Jet defense. Kevin Walter isn't the answer !

2 Touchdowns and 611 yards in 14 games, is not what I want on the other side of Moss. Let's get a real WR threat over there or we are screwed going against that Jet secondary.

Last edited:

Let's get a real WR in here, like Brandon Marshall or Anquan Boldin, enough of the #2/#3 WR scenario, we need something real to compete with Cromartie and Revis and that Jet defense. Kevin Walter isn't the answer !

Not sure what your are saying

1)Marshall hated the patriots offence if site adjustment which McD ran in denver. He just did not want to play in a offence where he has to think and react.He want 12 million a year too.

2)Boldin another 12 million a yr guy . With vince,mankins ,brady i am not sure you want to sign him to be the highest paid player in the locker room .he is 30 and in 2 yrs you will be posting on how he got old and is not effective.

Not sure what your are saying

1)Marshall hated the patriots offence if site adjustment which McD ran in denver. He just did not want to play in a offence where he has to think and react.He want 12 million a year too.

2)Boldin another 12 million a yr guy . With vince,mankins ,brady i am not sure you want to sign him to be the highest paid player in the locker room .he is 30 and in 2 yrs you will be posting on how he got old and is not effective.

I agree. On top of that the Patriots only go after bargain basement FA's.

I agree. On top of that the Patriots only go after bargain basement FA's.

I think it's time for a philosophy change then, don't ya think ?

I think it's time for a philosophy change then, don't ya think ?

Yes, I understand building for the future, but we also need to build for the present. The main thing i am worried about is resigning Bodden and hopefully they can get a contract done for wilfork.

That'd be great if he takes lesser $$ to play with a Tom Brady. Well seems this year there are plenty options here for us at WR... no excuses this year for not solving the glaring #3 problem. Wouldn't mind signing one of these guys and drafting a Tate or someone who can start by next season when Moss leaves. And in 2011 it would be:

GTate
Welker
Edelman
Walter
BTate
2011 FA/draftee

That is a fine set of WR's if at least one of the Tate's progresses to a starter quality level. You don't necessarily need to go out and break the bank to fix the position.

2 Touchdowns and 611 yards in 14 games, is not what I want on the other side of Moss. Let's get a real WR threat over there or we are screwed going against that Jet secondary.

i get what you are saying but i can't see the pats giveing that much money to marshell or Boldin,

and Kevin Walter, would be the #3 WR 600 yerds is a nice upgrade over the pats #3 last year who was ben watson, with 29 rec and 404 yerds

and when welker, comes back it will be pretty hard for any team to focus on walters or Edelman. i would be happy with walters, or anyone other then david patten, and Sam Aiken,

Last edited:

We won three SBs where our best WR (for two of them) was Deion Branch. It's about having depth at WR, not two great ones.

It would be nice to somehow get Terrance Nunn back.

At this point, I would take Air Bud and Icebox (from Little Giants) over Sam Aiken and Isaiah Stanback.

At this point, I would take Air Bud and Icebox (from Little Giants) over Sam Aiken and Isaiah Stanback.

Air Bud and Icebox are Pro Bowlers compared to Aiken and Stanback.

I say sign this guy. He has played really well opposite of one superstar receiver who plays in Houston, I dnt see why he cnt play just as well or better opposite our superstar receiver in New England. We need this guy or this type of guy on our team. Sam Aiken & Stanback & all these JAG's are not gonna be enough anymore. I dnt wanna here anymore about how we won 3 Superbowls with these subpar receivers anymore because the NFL has evolved and its just not the same league. Its just gonna work anymore especially with our Defense looking the way it is now(No Pass Rush). We have to score points and we need some REAL receivers for TFB to throw the ball to,

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes