Patriots Fans' Petition To Reclaim Lost Draft Picks Nearing 5,000 Signatures

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score

Robert Alvarez

Patriots fans create petition to challenge NFL forfeiting Patriots draft picks following Deflategate.

Continue reading...

I don't think it's the government's place to get involved in this. How about Brady, Goodell, and Obama have a beer and straighten this out? :p

Is it that hard to stand outside Foxboro to get signatures before games? I would think you could get 5,000 in about 5 minutes.

probably better if you stood outside an oriental "foot massage" parlor.......

• Ha Ha
Reactions: SVN

Robert Alvarez

Patriots fans create petition to challenge NFL forfeiting Patriots draft picks following Deflategate.

Continue reading...

"Very proud a' ya...that's very nice"

and there'd be about 5M signatures to take away the Pats' first rounders for the next 10 years...
Patriots are the most hated franchise in all of sports, moreso than the NY Yankees, LA Lakers, Celtics, Montral Canadiens, Dallas Cowboys....

Last edited:
If it was 5,000 green bean fans it would mean much more.

It would all depend on if Mara, Rooney and Jones were on board with the idea.

And they are not.. it seems they're an enemy/nemesis of Kraft from how this all played out to now reports coming out about the owner's interactions with each other over the city the stadium would be built in for the LA move.. Jerry Jones is a pretty powerful dude in this league and hes got 2 huge, swinging cohanas dangling between his legs and will get after people... and its pretty obvious that he and Kraft are not the best of friends.

That's nice, doesn't mean anything though

I respectfully disagree! This topic was NOT in the news when we started this campaign and in that time, we've worked hard to connectewith many high profile media types over the last few weeks, pushing the story of the complaint and reasoning the NFL needs to give back the picks. This is about strength in numbers, sending a message and it IS being heard...as evident by a call I received yesterday from Foxboro, which, shall we say, was nothing less than an rousing, appreciative endorsement for the effort. There is other 'stuff' that is going on behind the scenes that is off the record, but we are definitely being heard by at least some of the national sports media elite!

Some folks in Patriots Nation are right, legally, this may not go far, but it's definitely been instrumental in elevating the conversation the last 3 weeks and now, the returning of the picks is a national topic. (Don't underestimate the momentum we've gained and the work done behind the scenes to get in the ear of some influential sources). Jerry Thornton's article hit the nail on the head! Yes, this is a Hail Mary, but it's more about sending a message, loud and clear to the NFL that we're not rolling over that easy! The more support, the louder the message.

We'd love to have you on board, have all of Patriots Nation on board. That phone call earlier this week cemented it for me, this is a noble cause and the stamp of approval I received confirmed that the person who this impacts the most "is on board with it"...and I feel even stronger now that if he could do something about it without jeopardizing his standing, he would! That is enough for me!

Respectfully

Jim D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents