PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots fans class action lawsuit against the NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't PM you because you stated, purportedly as an attorney in MA, this solicitation publicly. You apparently don't like a public reply to a public statement you could have easily PM'd yourself to the poster who raised the question, so spare me the theatrics in your reply.

As pointed out, you look past/ignore the posts of numerous attorneys in this thread reciting actual law and say "let's do this". If you are an actual attorney, and I assume nothing, then I would make very sure I have a firm grasp on the applicable law before I recruit non-attorneys to my cause and potentially dig them into a very large financial hole after filing a lousy legal argument against a very wealthy organization.

And seriously, so the law is about not quitting - having a positive "can do" attitude? Wow. That is so inspiring. I always thought successful legal practice was about a firm grasp on substantive law and procedures. I must have missed the "battle cry" course in law school and in the courts. Always knew something was missing from my practice. It is Yoda-like in its import. It inspires me to reply in kind.

I'll tell you what. If you are a real lawyer, who did real work on this issue before making your public post calling other non-lawyers to join you, then PM me your thoughts on where to file this case and a list of case citations on the law applicable to that jurisdiction on point with this issue that show you did some actual homework on the question before your rallying cry, and I will give you a real opinion on the subject with real case law in reply. Also send me your MA bar number, and I will reciprocate. I'll get your office number off the public registry, and we attorneys can discuss the roadmap to solving this thorny legal issue.

And by the way, we attorneys don't often use Google to research the law. I'm not optimistic on your legal groundwork if that is the foundation of your research.

Are you saying I'm a Buffalo fan? Good one Doubting Thomas.

Yeah I doubt a guy who joined a Pats forum a week ago (shortly after JD started his petition), goes with the ever professional username of "Kraft F'd Us" (that should convince those Patsies I'm on their side), claims to be a Lawyer in MA although curiously has a Maine state phone number and rides in on a proverbial white stallion and declares "RISE UP PATS FANS........I WILL LEAD YOU TO A VICTORIOUS VICTORY". hahahahha

I just don't buy it. I'll stick with the lawyers and others who have accurately added insight and clarity throughout the deflategate saga and beyond.

Nice try though. :eek:

Yeah I doubt a guy who joined a Pats forum a week ago (shortly after JD started his petition), goes with the ever professional username of "Kraft F'd Us" (that should convince those Patsies I'm on their side), claims to be a Lawyer in MA although curiously has a Maine state phone number and rides in on a proverbial white stallion and declares "RISE UP PATS FANS........I WILL LEAD YOU TO A VICTORIOUS VICTORY". hahahahha

I just don't buy it. I'll stick with the lawyers and others who have accurately added insight and clarity throughout the deflategate saga and beyond.

Nice try though. :eek:

I don't need to prove anything to some blogger troll. I'm licensed in 3 NE states.

I didn't PM you because you stated, purportedly as an attorney in MA, this solicitation publicly. You apparently don't like a public reply to a public statement you could have easily PM'd yourself to the poster who raised the question, so spare me the theatrics in your reply.

As pointed out, you look past/ignore the posts of numerous attorneys in this thread reciting actual law and say "let's do this". If you are an actual attorney, and I assume nothing, then I would make very sure I have a firm grasp on the applicable law before I recruit non-attorneys to my cause and potentially dig them into a very large financial hole after filing a lousy legal argument against a very wealthy organization.

And seriously, so the law is about not quitting - having a positive "can do" attitude? Wow. That is so inspiring. I always thought successful legal practice was about a firm grasp on substantive law and procedures. I must have missed the "battle cry" course in law school and in the courts. Always knew something was missing from my practice. It is Yoda-like in its import. It inspires me to reply in kind.

I'll tell you what. If you are a real lawyer, who did real work on this issue before making your public post calling other non-lawyers to join you, then PM me your thoughts on where to file this case and a list of case citations on the law applicable to that jurisdiction on point with this issue that show you did some actual homework on the question before your rallying cry, and I will give you a real opinion on the subject with real case law in reply. Also send me your MA bar number, and I will reciprocate. I'll get your office number off the public registry, and we attorneys can discuss the roadmap to solving this thorny legal issue.

And by the way, we attorneys don't often use Google to research the law. I'm not optimistic on your legal groundwork if that is the foundation of your research.

Obviously you need to rewatch erin brockovich. Also maybe rudy. You seem like a super knowledgeable and intelligent guy and your post make me want to defer to your wisdom. But in the future for my own peace of mind when i do so.. Could you please come across as a little less condescending and smug.

Obviously you need to rewatch erin brockovich. Also maybe rudy. You seem like a super knowledgeable and intelligent guy and your post make me want to default to your wisdom. But in the future for my own peace of mind when i do so.. Could you come across as a little less condescending and smug.

Fair enough. Sorry I gave off that impression but i also didn't come here for a debate or criticism. I came to band together with fellow patriots to put our heads together to make this happen. Not hear all the reasons it shouldn't happen. I've been an attorney for ten years. At this point There isn't a lot I haven't heard. We need to tone down the noise of dissent and focus on the goal. Time is running out. Being on this blog accomplished what I set out to do- meeting like-minded patriots. But it seems most on this site are more about the armchair complainers- 'yeah we got screwed but that's life- I wish we could do something about it but we can't so I'll just sound off.' Luckily I met the people from Defend the Wall and they are more serious about finding solutions and taking a more proactive approach.

Fair enough. Sorry I gave off that impression but i also didn't come here for a debate or criticism. I came to band together with fellow patriots to put our heads together to make this happen. Not hear all the reasons it shouldn't happen. I've been an attorney for ten years. At this point There isn't a lot I haven't heard. We need to tone down the noise of dissent and focus on the goal. Time is running out. Being on this blog accomplished what I set out to do- meeting like-minded patriots. But it seems most on this site are more about the armchair complainers- 'yeah we got screwed but that's life- I wish we could do something about it but we can't so I'll just sound off.' Luckily I met the people from Defend the Wall and they are more serious about finding solutions and taking a more proactive approach.
That post wasnt directed at you. I didnt quote you. Anybody that wants to try and take on the nfl on a longshot on behalf of pats fans is fine by me.

That post wasnt directed at you. I didnt quote you. Anybody that wants to try and take on the nfl on a longshot on behalf of pats fans is fine by me.

Except that Kraft F'd Us doesn't sound like much of a lawyer, if he is one at all. You learn in remedial critical thinking college courses not to use Google as a basis for any research whatsoever. If he's a lawyer at all, he's probably just some ****ty public defender. But, as a mod pointed out, his IP address is coming from Jersey so he's probably just a troll.

Except that Kraft F'd Us doesn't sound like much of a lawyer, if he is one at all. You learn in remedial critical thinking college courses not to use Google as a basis for any research whatsoever. If he's a lawyer at all, he's probably just some ****ty public defender. But, as a mod pointed out, his IP address is coming from Jersey so he's probably just a troll.
He's not kidding, it really is NJ lol. I didn't even realize I could do that. That was fun :)

You guys are probably right.. I was just trying to lighten the mood.. Masspats38 obviously is a lawyer and was clobbering this guy pretty hard. On the off chance he is a sweet do gooder and not a troll i was just trying to give him a push out of the way before he got run over again.

People in this forum have spent far more time and have exhibited far more knowledge on this matter than anything you have contributed. If you are as arrogant in real life as you come across here then you must be insufferable.

I suggest you go read the deflategate forum extensively And come back when you have been educated fully on it and have some basis to work from.

Or you can shut your arrogant piehole.

I would certainly suggest not texting or otherwise phoning this guy, not unless you want to have to change your phone number in the near future.

I don't need to prove anything to some blogger troll. I'm licensed in 3 NE states.

Can't find enough work in one state? OR is Ambulance chasing a tri-state affair?

I am assuming you are offering pro bono services to carry this out?

If you have read any law review on this type of case in sports law, then I expect PatsDeb's posts in the thread (who is also a huge Pats fan and attorney (from what she has written in the past, a good one)) should ring absolutely true. Black letter standing cases like Lujan make dismissal pretty much a lock in State or federal court for the non-season ticket holder. If you survive that, then you get a dismissal under failure to state a claim in seeking exceptional equitable relief under a contract to which you are not a party.

If you want your name up in lights like Carl Mayer, the attorney and Jets fan who sued the NFL after Spygate, whose case was summarily blown up at the trial and appellate levels, then have at it. As the Third Circuit wrote in its decision, "Significantly, our ruling also does not leave Mayer and other ticket-holders without any recourse. Instead, fans could speak out against the Patriots, their coach, and the NFL itself. In fact, they could even go so far as to refuse to purchase tickets or NFL-related merchandise. See, e.g.,
Bowers, 489 F.3d at 321 (noting possible effects of bad reputation on future prospects of sport); Seko, 22 F.3d at 774 (stating that, “instead of going to the Cubs game, the fan may head south for Comiskey Park and the White Sox”). However, the one thing they cannot do is bring a legal action in a court of law." It isn't the First Circuit or the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court, but if you envision an answer any different from this then I would encourage you to look to the ALR or law reviews on the subject of these fan suits.

These are the types of cases attorneys bring as publicity to attract business from other fans drawn in by the 15 minutes of fame from their names appearing in newspaper articles (I am not claiming that is your motive, but it is the reality of prior cases of this ilk). If that is the case (or even if it is not), then go the Carl Mayer route and pay for the case yourself (you don't need others to join you). File it pro se today and regale the fans here with the tales of your court battle. They would love it.

I would make sure I was acquainted with local procedures on the award of attorney's fees (to the prevailing party?) if this case goes south, as the NFL attorneys are not inexpensive. That may add a little salt to the wound if you have to pay them 5 or 6 figures on top of your dissatisfaction with the decision.

If you do not already you should seriously consider writing opinion pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents