PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Fan Pledge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
As a long-time Patriots fan it is very meaningful to me that PatsFans.com has as its slogan "The best fans on earth." I believe football to be the greatest sport, the Pats are clearly the greatest team to play that sport and the Patriots have the most interesting, if not always the most successful, history of any American sports franchise.

With our team so prominent and now on the cusp of football immortality I feel that if we are truly "The best fans on earth" we should all make a real effort to focus on that meaning and always act that way. I was disturbed that following the AFC championship game, fans at the stadium booed whenever the Chargers were mentioned - even during the presentation of the Lamar Hunt Trophy! That is NOT what the best fans on earth do; that's what a poor sport does. The Chargers were worthy opponents. You must have worthy opponents in order to earn satisfying victories. This is not to say that a fan can't razz the other team and have some fun before or during the game. That's part of the enjoyment of the game, but we must always be decent and sportsmanlike especially after the contest.

In reaction to that, I hope that a short, but essential pledge or code can be developed in this forum which we can all subscribe to and act on that will underscore for everyone that we are all, indeed, the "The best fans on earth." So here's something to start the discussion:

New England Patriots Fan's Pledge

As a fan of the greatest football team in America, I promise to root for the Pats fervently. I will cheer our team on always and do what I can as a fan to help our players on to victory. I'll always conduct myself in the spirit of good sportsmanship and knowing that I am one of the best fans on earth.

Okay. Have at it. Let me know what you think...from the western front

Welcome to the board. Very good to have a new fervent fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call