PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots are 3-point home underdogs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow...prepare to watch a team that hasn't pulled the disrespect card in about, oh, 12 years, pull the disrespect card. I was thinking that this Patriots team, even with a totally overmatched QB, would be about an even bet against Houston on a neutral field. This is a talented roster with the league's best coaching. This means Vegas sees the Brisset-led Pats as six-seven point dogs on a neutral field. I don't know what to make of this.

Rookie QB, short week, second half defense, tough Texans defense.

If they win this game, it would be one damn fine, heroic performance, given the obstacles they have to overcome.

Wow...prepare to watch a team that hasn't pulled the disrespect card in about, oh, 12 years, pull the disrespect card. I was thinking that this Patriots team, even with a totally overmatched QB, would be about an even bet against Houston on a neutral field. This is a talented roster with the league's best coaching. This means Vegas sees the Brisset-led Pats as six-seven point dogs on a neutral field. I don't know what to make of this.

No Brady, Garrapolo, Gronk, Lewis, Hightower, Ninkovich, Vollmer......against a very good Houston defense and solid offense? I'm surprised it isn't more. Much as I believe in Belichick, this coaching staff, and this team this is as tall an order as they get.

The glass is half full..

Consider Houston, on the road, against a very good offense and against a very stout defense..

Still believe that the Pats will win this game..

Think the Texans will wear their letterman jackets again.....

Sorry, folks. It's best in this case to prepare for disappointment. Patriots South will probably win this one. O'Brien, Crennel, Wilfork, Izzo, and Vrabel will cook up a formula to beat a very, very depleted Patriots.

My view on this one is to take our lumps and pray that nobody else gets hurt.

Vegas did us a favor. I never underestimate our will to win. Granted we're missing key players here and it's a short week, but it's a short week for Houston as well and they don't have that much time to evaluate JB.

I Don't see BB & JMac going vanilla on this like they did closing out last season. Brissett has been involved in this offense and Pats are playing with house money, can go all out. Was Jimmy G. officially ruled out Thur.Nite?

Texans kinda got screwed, that's a long road trip for a Thursday night. They need to adopt the plan somebody here brought up where the season gets extended a week and you don't play the Sunday before and after a Thursday game.

Texans kinda got screwed, that's a long road trip for a Thursday night. They need to adopt the plan somebody here brought up where the season gets extended a week and you don't play the Sunday before and after a Thursday game.
someone else mentioned, Thursday night game should always follow a bye week, but that wouldn't work early in season, to have your bye week, in week 1 or week 2. Extending the season by a week would mean every team would get an extra bye week....might help injuries....

I never bet on the pats.

But

I am surprised that line isn't closer to six or seven

Not sure why there is so much outrage. Vegas determines the odds based on algorithm and adjusts it based on betting patterns.

We are playing a rookie QB against a 2-0 team with a solid defense. I wouldn't bet on this game, perhaps the under if i made a bet

I never bet on the pats.

But

I am surprised that line isn't closer to six or seven
Yeah. A lot of people probably got burned in Week One. Let's see how/if the line moves when the big money comes in later today and tomorrow.

This game was gonna be tough for Jimmy and will be even harder for Jacoby, Houston's defense is no joke

Isn't that what they said about Arizona? And then again about Miami? I'll take my chances with this team and this coach.

Isn't that what they said about Arizona? And then again about Miami? I'll take my chances with this team and this coach.

Took the words out of my my mouth.

Not saying Texans defense is bad or that they won't be the difference in the game but we just heard this the last 2 weeks. All I heard was how Arizona was gonna embarrass the Pats. Then heard how the lolphins defense handled the lolphins and their DL made them dangerous. Yet that DL ended up only having 1 sack and hit the QB only 1 other time and both of those were Jason Jones, not Suh, not Mario Williams and not Wake.

Took the words out of my my mouth.

Not saying Texans defense is bad or that they won't be the difference in the game but we just heard this the last 2 weeks. All I heard was how Arizona was gonna embarrass the Pats. Then heard how the lolphins defense handled the lolphins and their DL made them dangerous. Yet that DL ended up only having 1 sack and hit the QB only 1 other time and both of those were Jason Jones, not Suh, not Mario Williams and not Wake.
on top of that they also hit the rookie QB in his first NFL experience. But I am still worried because we are starting Jacoby and not Jimmy, its also a short week so anything can happen.

Most teams starting their #3 QB would be planning on what to do with the first or second pick in the next year's draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST