PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots are 3-point home underdogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice_Ice_Brady

I heard 10,000 whispering and nobody listening
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Wow...prepare to watch a team that hasn't pulled the disrespect card in about, oh, 12 years, pull the disrespect card. I was thinking that this Patriots team, even with a totally overmatched QB, would be about an even bet against Houston on a neutral field. This is a talented roster with the league's best coaching. This means Vegas sees the Brisset-led Pats as six-seven point dogs on a neutral field. I don't know what to make of this.

This is very surprising.....Just yesterday they were favored and now they are under dogs at home !

Wow...prepare to watch a team that hasn't pulled the disrespect card in about, oh, 12 years, pull the disrespect card.

They were almost double digit underdogs just last week. I'd have to imagine that they played that card @ARZ.

Hopefully, it can work again.

Mods feel free to merge threads. Sorry, missed the other one.

We're gonna run it down their throats 50 times.

We're gonna run it down their throats 50 times.

I would assume they will be looking for that so it is possible running won't be that easy. Brissette looked good in preseason. Maybe he'll pull it out

They will be expecting a run heavy game. I would expect BB to open up the playbook more for Jacoby. Good thing is, there isn't much tape on him either.

The key to this game in my mind will be more similar to the ARZ game. Ball control, winning he field position battle, and getting to Osweiler will be key.

Funny how Osweiler seems to always luck into facing us when we have several injuries dating back to last season's screw job by the zebras in Denver for the snow game.

Since 2001 , the pats are 6-1 in games as +9.5 or worse

Not sure what is more amazing.....the 6-1 or the 7 times in 16 years as big dogs
Any idea which games those were, or at least the one they lost?

I would look at week 3 of 2001 as a guide. Brady came in the middle of week 2 when Bledsoe got hurt and he was the starter versus the Colts in week 3, winning 44-13. They ran it 2/3 of the time and the defense scored on two pick 6's (Ty LAw and Otis Smith). Granted it was the king of pick 6's Peyton but Osweiler did learn from the best so hopefully history repeats itself.....
Running it will open up the play action and if Blount can repeat his imitation of clock killing Corey Dillon which we haven't seen in a long time around here, this could be a pleasant surprise...

I hope Gost doesnt miss the FG to win this game.

Did you see BBs face?

I will lol myself to death if the Pats take this by a touchdown. These butthurt naysayers always double down on their hatred and are rewarded accordingly.

OK. Let me get this straight.

Last week, the Patriots were six point dogs on the road because they were starting James A. Garoppolo (aka Just Another guy) and not Tom Brady.

Yesterday, the Patriots were seven point favorites at home because it turned out that they were starting "the next Tom Brady" and not Just Another Guy.

Now, they're three point dogs at home because they're starting Just Another Guy instead of James A. Garoppolo?

I think I'll take the Pats.

I hope Gost doesnt miss the FG to win this game.

Did you see BBs face?
Is there a time when he doesn't make that face? And Ghost has been pretty awesome these last ten years or so

OK. Let me get this straight.

Last week, the Patriots were six point dogs on the road because they were starting James A. Garoppolo (aka Just Another guy) and not Tom Brady.

Yesterday, the Patriots were seven point favorites at home because it turned out that they were starting "the next Tom Brady" and not Just Another Guy.

Now, they're three point dogs at home because they're starting Just Another Guy instead of James A. Garoppolo?

I think I'll take the Pats.
This game was gonna be tough for Jimmy and will be even harder for Jacoby, Houston's defense is no joke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes