PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots All-Access: Inside the War Room/interview with Nick Caserio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Patriot Access: Inside the War Room/interview with Nick Caserio

But where is everybody getting the idea that they were thinking of Gresham at 22 to begin with? They clearly had the deal signed and sealed with Denver and were itching to get it done.

At 3:37 in the video the runner says Cinci is "filling out a card," and you instantly hear Caserio on the phone (presumably to the league) saying "we're gonna trade" -- before pick 21 is even in. They didn't care who the Bengals selected, they were trading down.

Yeah I think some people are reading BB's apparent slight grimace after the Gresham pick is announced incorrectly. At most I think they possibly wanted Gresham in the 2nd.

He most surprising thing to me was how when they're effectively on a conference call that's the one day BB wasn't wearing a sweatshirt.

Yeah I think some people are reading BB's apparent slight grimace after the Gresham pick is announced incorrectly. At most I think they possibly wanted Gresham in the 2nd.

He had gas.

He makes that grimace 10-15 every press conference.

LOL, you beat me to that, Mike!

Wasn't part of the legend that he was a lifelong bachelor who lived in his elderly mother's basement? That he rarely even went outside?

Hilarious that that story and whole legend might just be completely cooked up for the public. Speed Racer's older brother does it again!

Of course, this is Massachusetts. ;)

right before they draft mccourty at 27 belichick says something like 'they already squeezed a third out of us' --- what's he mean by that?
isn't it just the other way around?

no he said "we have already squeezed a third out of this. lets go get our guy.

Thats also what i don't think we wanted gresham as mccourtey was "their guy" all along and were just trying to find the right time to take him

I agree that Kraft has every right to be there. I'd prefer, however, that he sit quietly and watch the maestro. But the maestro is used to making critical decisions in a split second with 70,000 fans screaming and 25 cameras zoomed on his face.

So he can probably ignore Kraft if he wants to. :)

mate i think your underestimating craft here. If you watch he was talking about value in trades with BB and discussing which gave the best value. Obviously bill has the last say but i think your underestimating the guy who owns the team a little bit here

He most surprising thing to me was how when they're effectively on a conference call that's the one day BB wasn't wearing a sweatshirt.

crazy right? when hes on national tv, its a cutoff sweatshirt, when no one is gonna see him, its a suit with the whole package....the guy is great

no, they had decided to make the deal, so he gave the word, and right after he did so belichick picked up the phone and it was another offer.
it was just bad timing.
I'm kind of curious who it was and who they were trying to get.

I think this is a good illustration for all the fans at home watching and yelling "WTF is taking so long!"

I was listening for the pick. BB answers the phone then repeats one of the pick. I had a look and i think it was Houston.

no, they had decided to make the deal, so he gave the word, and right after he did so belichick picked up the phone and it was another offer.
it was just bad timing.
I'm kind of curious who it was and who they were trying to get.

I think this is a good illustration for all the fans at home watching and yelling "WTF is taking so long!"

The team that jumped in late when we had just made the deal with Arizona was Kansas City. You can hear Belichick say they are offering us #144, which was held by Kansas City at the time, and they were picking I think 2-3 spots behind us. So they were offering us 144 to move back 2-3 spots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/10: News and Notes
MORSE: Draft Analysis and Thoughts on Patriots Rookie Mini Camp
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
Back