PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots about to sign another DL from the CFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just quickly off the top of my head, some replacements worth a price check as blocking TEs who might be able to work out of the backfield on occasion, IMO:

Anthony Fasano
Ben Hartsock

More longshot types (and lesser fits), but maybe worth a phone call
Steve Maneri (if he's not tendered)
Dallas Clark

I think Fasano wants to get paid as a proper #1 TE - he's good enough to be too.

I think the one I'd be interested in is John Phillips, although Delanie Walker would be really nice and could be used in a few ways.

You know, trying to read between the lines, and after seeing the last series or two on Sunday.....could we be going back to 3-4?

CFL is our D-league :cool: .

Meh. Seen him play here in Winnipeg. decent player, but might have trouble making the roster on the Pats. Armstead on the other hand.....

You know, trying to read between the lines, and after seeing the last series or two on Sunday.....could we be going back to 3-4?

Considering the talent composition of the team as it is, a move to the 3-4 would be inexplicable.

Guys like Benard and Vega are camp bodies, and hardly indicative of schematic direction. If anything, the talented young guys (Jones, Armstead) are classic 4-3 pieces. Furthermore, cash strapped as the Pats are, I cannot imagine they can find two impact five techniques during this offseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3