PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots (+3) open as underdogs at San Diego

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love being the underdog. I think this is grounds for a sig! :)

Great. I prefer being the underdog. This Pats team thrives on disrespect. They were fully fired up against the Ravens. Did you see Brady jawing with Suggs? That was great. Especially since we won. ^_^

You guys do know that the patriots were favored yesterday. Being a top team and an underdog is not an advantage.

That being said, the betting line will likely be posted on the locker room wall.

We should win, but our secondary doen't match up well against their offense.

Last edited:
i feel about this game a little the way i felt about the Jets game. lots of euphoria about a big win, and nobody expects a loss next weekend. this is a conference rival, who cares what their record is. i think the Pats are going to drop this one. i really hope I'm wrong.

Last edited:
You mean the same way they stunk it up by putting up 41 on the fish in Miami? That's some weakass trolling!

VJC, IllegalContact was talking about the Chargers, not the Patriots.

Last edited:
This will be a hard fought game for sure, if malcom flloyd and antonio gates are out though it'll be tough for san diego. Chargers need a big win and they have been dominate at home so far this year.

LOL, dominant at home this year yet they have only won 2 games.

The offense should be much better to start the game hopefully this time around.The chargers have had problems with their OL.

We should win, but our secondary doen't match up well against their offense.

Except the last time they played, Gates, Jackson and Floyd had big games (each had a TD). Do you feel the same way about Crayton, Davis and McMichael?

Repeat after me: "The lines don't reflect who Vegas thinks will win. The lines reflect how Vegas wants people to bet."

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD THANK YOU........i see people freaking out each week about the lines.....they don't mean sh*t in terms of who vegas thinks people will win....BUT....tough explaining that EACH FRIGGIN WEEEK!!!!!!!!

You can look at it in two ways:

1) The Chargers have the #1 offense and the #1 defense in the league. They are better than their record.

2) It's quite a challenge to have the #1 offense AND the #1 defense AND be 2-4. They're worse than their ratings.

And these two ways to look at it are probably both true - they aren't as good as their ratings, and not as bad as their record. We just don't know what team will show up in SD.

Should be an interesting game. I do find I hate them somewhat less without Merriman and LT to class up the joint; but there's still a lot there to hate :D

Last edited:
Repeat after me: "The lines don't reflect who Vegas thinks will win. The lines reflect how Vegas wants people to bet."
Vegas wants equal action on both sides, so they do their best to set the lines accordingly. But I wouldn't be surprised to see a little movement prior to kickoff.

gates may be out this game so nobody will be really a threat against us... the chargers D isn't that great either, they've played the cardinals, raiders, chiefs, and jaguars for crying out loud. they are probably the worst of offenses.

Chargers are damn good. I doubt Bill will let the Pats think this is a freebee, Bill respects every single team.

Don't forget special teams. We should dominate that aspect of the game.

Don't forget special teams. We should dominate that aspect of the game.

SD special teams looks about as good as Miami's did so far. Should be interesting. I can live with Tate returning a kick every other game.

Home team is favored by 3 points, almost always. This should shock/bother no one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes