PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots 2016 Draft Picks - Recapping Every Selection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice article but I think you forgot Malcolm Mitchell

Nice article but I think you forgot Malcolm Mitchell

homer-computer-doh1.jpg

;)

Yep - didn't paste him in there. Had them all off to the side in Word where I wrote the summaries and was downloading their images to insert into the entry and scrolled right past him. "Doh!" is right :rolleyes:

Ian - What made Roberts sacks so sick?? ;)

Roberts attitude reminds me of Bruschi. His work ethic reminds me of Bruschi and Vrabel. If he can be anywhere close to the players they were, the Pats have a really nice trio in Hightower, Roberts and Collins..

Valentine is intriguing to me. Especially if he comes in and does what he said, which is whatever the coaches tell him to do.

I really like the picks of Mitchell and Lucien. If they live up to what has been posted about them, then they will solidify this receiving corps. And will make life hell for opposing teams. And it will give the Pats something they haven't had there.. Continuity..

Grugier-Hill could be something we've not had since Rodney was here playing Safety. A true thumper back there who can make receivers think twice about going over the middle. He won't be a linebacker, but he'll definitely see time covering TEs. I love the fact this kid was a gunner in college and a damn good one. He could make a great tandem there with Brandon King and let Slater retire without missing a beat..

I love that Thuney has played all 5 O-line positions. At worst, he should be a quality back-up inside for a long time. But I believe that, despite his short arms (32 1/4") that the Pats see him as the heir to the RT position.

Ted Karras comes from a long line of football players. He also brings an intensity and fire that we've been missing since Mankins left. That's the good. The bad is that Karras is pigeon-toed. He doesn't have great technique with his hands and his foot movement is meh.

The addition of Karras and Thuney will really put the pressure on Josh Kline, Cameron Fleming, Marcus Cannon, Tre Jackson, and Jonathan Cooper. There will be some pressure on Mason, but I believe that the starting LG job is his to lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News