PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriot fans are you ready to finally be underdogs?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Will you enjoy the underdog status?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The media has already wrote Denver vs San Fran into the super bowl and Miami winning our division. Grading Free Agency as a failure while applauding big moves as if they ever pan out. Local sports radio couldn't be more pessimistic. I can't wait for the under dog Patriots to shock and awe.

I don't know about underdogs since Vegas has the Patriots right up there as SB favs. I will say this. The Patriots got their HOF QB to rework his contract so he's getting 9 mill a year :)eek:) and they're signing WHO for that money??
They already had the cap space to sign Talib so tell me where is the big improvement on this team since Brady re-did his deal?? Adrian Wilson?? A 35 yr old part-time safety?? Really??? That's the best we could have done in the d-backfield??
Bill Belichick has wasted the prime years of Tom Brady through his lousy roster management. You'll have to excuse me if I don't have great confidence that BB will make the moves necessary to get this team over the hump.

My biggest fear as a Pats fan isn't Belichick retiring, because that's an inevitability, but that his successor will be as short-sighted and flat-out ignorant as some of the posters here.

I don't know about underdogs since Vegas has the Patriots right up there as SB favs. I will say this. The Patriots got their HOF QB to rework his contract so he's getting 9 mill a year :)eek:) and they're signing WHO for that money??
They already had the cap space to sign Talib so tell me where is the big improvement on this team since Brady re-did his deal?? Adrian Wilson?? A 35 yr old part-time safety?? Really??? That's the best we could have done in the d-backfield??
Bill Belichick has wasted the prime years of Tom Brady through his lousy roster management. You'll have to excuse me if I don't have great confidence that BB will make the moves necessary to get this team over the hump.

Prolly wouldnt have been able to keep Welker sign a replacement sign wilson and talib if Brady didnt re work that deal. I hate people that whine and ***** in friggin march when the season starts in september, ill put 10 stacks that the Pats win atleast 12 games next season...

That lousy roster management put the Patriots in five SB appearances during the BB era (also during the salary cap era). No other team/coach has that many appearances in the salary cap era.

That lousy roster management put them in a position to win, many times.

From there, it's up to the players to execute, and obviously they did not.

They should feel as if WR is a big issue. Right now, the Pats have arguably the worst group of WR's in the NFL. If the team isn't going to make a move for a guy like Sanders, then they absolutely have to hit on one in the draft, and the guy they pick has to be able to contribute immediately. Given the complexity of the Erhardt-Perkins offense, that's no sure thing. Particularly for a rookie.

They should feel it...but do they? Not sure with the moves they have made. No one else out there in FA. Lloyd may be back for cheap. And i don't want to see the pats draft a WR..we all know how it turns out but this year they might have too...

They should feel it...but do they? Not sure with the moves they have made. No one else out there in FA. Lloyd may be back for cheap. And i don't want to see the pats draft a WR..we all know how it turns out but this year they might have too...

I'd like to see Lloyd brought back and, to me, Sanders is pretty easily worth the third rounder it's going to take to get him out of ****tsburgh. I'd said it in the Vollmer thread, but I'm wondering if his contract status was the domino that the Pats needed to fall before making more moves in FA.

I actually like being the underdog. But it's unlikely the Pats will be considered underdogs against any but a handful of teams next year. I think we're still expected to win the division and compete for top seeding in the AFC. Don't let the preseason media hype overwhelm you. It is often wildly inaccurate and more of an exercise in guessing and generating interest through speculation.

I'd like to see Lloyd brought back and, to me, Sanders is pretty easily worth the third rounder it's going to take to get him out of ****tsburgh. I'd said it in the Vollmer thread, but I'm wondering if his contract status was the domino that the Pats needed to fall before making more moves in FA.

oh i think sanders is worth a 3rd as well..just wonder what his annual salary would be. I have no idea maybe someone can chime in. But for that they are better off waiting until draft before signing him to the sheet..let Pitt spend some $$ first

Right. Going to the SB in 5 of his 13 years, Fire the bum.

If Gronk isn't ready for training camp, per BB, then he may not be ready to open the season 100%. If Gronk is playing in limited snaps and a bunch of new guys are trying to gel, there could be some serious growing pains with this offense out of the gate, it could be the worst (by their standards) we've seen in a while.

Everyone was losing their minds over 3-3 last season, wait until a tougher schedule. I suspect this will be a very challenging season for Brady and BB, on par with '09.

2001 called. She wants her underdog status back.

If Gronk isn't ready for training camp, per BB, then he may not be ready to open the season 100%. If Gronk is playing in limited snaps and a bunch of new guys are trying to gel, there could be some serious growing pains with this offense out of the gate, it could be the worst (by their standards) we've seen in a while.

Everyone was losing their minds over 3-3 last season, wait until a tougher schedule. I suspect this will be a very challenging season for Brady and BB, on par with '09.
Like to make a friendly wager?

Gronk will be ready. Jeez I would think Brady, gronk and belicheck left if I was a new member. Guys this team will be ready to break records and go deep into the playoffs again. This is what this team is built to do. But some key players were absent or had a tendency to shrink in the spot light. Brady has to be fired up and BB. Won't be long until another Lombardi returns to the trophy case.

Long time fan here.

I liked Grogan when it was not fashionable and calls for Owen and Cavanaugh rang out (look them up - Grogan was HATED. 98% of Grogan fans are using rose colored glasses.)

I've seen 1-15 and 2-14 (twice).

I've seen them as the underdog. I've seen them as the favorite.

Being David is a better story, but Goliath must've done something to be set up for his fall.

I know I'd rather be hated and feared than be ignorable.

In the end it does not matter. F*** all media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back