PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriot dynasty has underachieved!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We wouldn't be undefeated without the pain of last year's AFC title game loss. Caldwell would still be on the team.

I guess we'll never know this. I guess you're doubting Brady's fire as well as the rest of the team. Many say Spygate made things 19-0.

Caldwell plays with the Redskins now for a reason.

You know, I see where your coming from. We really should have won the superbowl last year, but to say we win 2 years ago if Brady doesn't throw that Bailey INT is possible but very optimistic. However, as another poster previously mentioned, there was also some luck in winning the 3 super bowls. We definitely had some lucky breaks in 2001, and if Drew Bennett doesn't drop a pass on 4th down, who knows if we win in 2003. All I know is if we win next Sunday, the Patriots are the best team ever, with the record and the rings to prove it.

I know it sounds rediculous but when you realise that last year with a one Caldwell catch they probably would have one last year's, and when you remember SB XL with Tom Brady flipping the ceremonial coin toss he had that look in his eyes knowing that w/out his interception against Denver that SB belong to him. He knew the Pats were better than Seattle or Pittsburgh. Like I said, underachievers! we just have settle for this perfect season capped w/ a 4th SB......could have been sixth!

Ultimately, one team wins and the other loses... I think we could make an argument now that we should have another perfect 16-0 but the odds of that happening are slim, like 6 rings, as you're suggesting..

I'm happy if they get their 4th, which is a stupendous, staggering achievement in this league....

I know it sounds rediculous but when you realise that last year with a one Caldwell catch they probably would have one last year's, and when you remember SB XL with Tom Brady flipping the ceremonial coin toss he had that look in his eyes knowing that w/out his interception against Denver that SB belong to him. He knew the Pats were better than Seattle or Pittsburgh. Like I said, underachievers! we just have settle for this perfect season capped w/ a 4th SB......could have been sixth!

You sound like a little kid that got everything he ever wanted for christmas then sees what his friends got at school and gets mad that mommy and daddy didn't get it for them. Show a little gratitude.

I agree that last year's AFCCG was important for what's happened so far this year.

They really were doing it with smoke and mirrors last year. At some point, you would have thought Marty would have said, "hmm, we really ought to cover that Gaffney guy." But you forget about all that when you win. As glaring as the lack of options at Wide Receiver looked in the AFCCG last year, and as much in need of support as our line backing group looked, if we don't take that 12-men in the huddle penalty and get a first down to all but run out the clock, I think again you tend to forget all that.

The press for AD, Moss, Welker, and Stallworth wouldn't have been that great. As it was the team took heat for Moss. Imagine what the cry would have sounded like if we had been super bowl champs? Also, I think some guys might have retired.

The Denver loss was not entirely unexpected. Playing the extra month two years in a row and 3 in 4 years was exhausting and clearly took its toll. Last year was different, though -- to have been so close really fueled this year. If we win next Sunday, I think many will look back on last year much like they look at 2003 to explain the 2004 red sox.

You need to change your claim that the Pats should have 6 SB's. We should NOT have won in 2001, but we did. If you're gonna say we didn't win 2 we should have won, then you gotta subtract the one we should not have won....and then there was the time we won one:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back