PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patrick Pass to Houston

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walker was just released by the Texans a week ago too.

No question Pass was an excellent 7th round draft choice. He had some nice runs, did very well on special teams, was able to catch a few balls and was outstanding in blitz pickup.

It always looked like he could do more for the team, but because of injuries and maybe some toughness issues (see the fumble on the pulled hammy and Weis ripping him in Patriot Reign). He was a good contributor to the team.

Good luck PP!

Good for Patrick. I'm happy for him.

No question Pass was an excellent 7th round draft choice. He had some nice runs, did very well on special teams, was able to catch a few balls and was outstanding in blitz pickup.

It always looked like he could do more for the team, but because of injuries and maybe some toughness issues (see the fumble on the pulled hammy and Weis ripping him in Patriot Reign). He was a good contributor to the team.

Good luck PP!

I agree. Kind of a strange case. Some said he had attitude problems, yet he delivered in many roles for a top team.

How does a 7th rounder with a bad attitude produce and stick for so many years?

I'll miss the guy on the field. Receiving, running, or even kick returns he always produced.

Heath Evans now the cemented FB?

Evans is making this team regardless of who else we pick up.

Also good luck Patrick Pass lets hope the Texans OC doesnt call you a useless piece of s*** as well.

Pass was one of the few players who failed to pass the conditioning drill (at least twice), that stayed with the team. I swear I always figured he had some compromising pictures of BB.:)

Heath Evans now the cemented FB?

Good question. Based on their offense, they only run plays out of the I-formation like 10% of the time. I've read that Evans is an OK blocker. We haven't had a sledgehammer back there since Gash. In 2003, Fred McCrary was supposed to be that guy, but he couldn't stay healthy. I wouldn't be suprised if you see the likes of Brady, Thomas or Miles back there.

So to answer your question, IMO the'll run FB-by-committe

Good question. Based on their offense, they only run plays out of the I-formation like 10% of the time. I've read that Evans is an OK blocker. We haven't had a sledgehammer back there since Gash. In 2003, Fred McCrary was supposed to be that guy, but he couldn't stay healthy. I wouldn't be suprised if you see the likes of Brady, Thomas or Miles back there.

So to answer your question, IMO the'll run FB-by-committe

I will give Evans a borderline Very Good rating as a blocker based upon what I saw last season. He's getting better at the very least.

Good for Patrick Pass. I doubt he'll make the 53 man roster, but maybe he will. This, however, absolutely boggles my mind:

The Texans signed Pass over Quentin Griffin.

"Pass can play more than one position, including fullback," coach Gary Kubiak said.

Pass over Griffin??????

If I had 2 RBs go on IR, I'd be more concerned about replacing them than thinking FB, but that's just me. At least as a blocking FB he won't fumble.....

Last edited:
Wearing a Deon Branch hat during training camp last year did

not endear Pass to the Pats' management especially since Pass

was on PUP.

Pass was one of the few players who failed to pass the conditioning drill (at least twice), that stayed with the team. I swear I always figured he had some compromising pictures of BB.:)

When he got his chance Pass showed that he had talent. The Denver regular season game in '05 proved that.

I remember when Pass was drafted - he was my darkhorse candidate to not only make the team but have a big career.

He never truly had the "big" career, but he made himself useful and played his roles - and is having a pretty decent career overall.

I know some people in Prov. who frequent the niteclubs he was pretty heavy into the party scene there last year, and his injury was not very obvious, showed up on a lot of myspace sites shown partying.. wonder if this had anything to do with his demise in NE.

He never truly had the "big" career, but he made himself useful and played his roles - and is having a pretty decent career overall.

Indeed, especially (correct me if I'm wrong) since I think Pass is the only active NFL fullback who has three Super Bowl rings. Thats a nice claim to have where you're the only one officially listed in that position. :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore