• I don't like it.

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Kill me. Kill me now.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not particularly impressed with this draft.
Neither am I.

I can understand Matthews and Barwin if you believe Matthews can play SILB,
I don't believe that - at all. Terrible pick.

but Kruger too? And he seems more like a 4-3 DE than a 3-4 OLB, and is way too small for a 3-4 DE.
I agree. Another terrible pick.

Donald Brown is a nice back, but we don't need a 1st day running back.
I agree. Besides, I think we need a young Fred Taylor-sized RB before a Kevin Faulk-sized RB.

And no safety?
Or CB, though the CBs for whom I would wait until 47 to select will likely all be taken.

Take Jarron Gilbert at 47 and William Moore at 58 and you have a decent draft, though I'd prefer Beatty, Barwin, Gilbert and Moore myself.

I would soil myself with joy if we ended Saturday w/ Beatty (or Britton), Barwin, Gilbert & Will Moore. We could then concentrate on finding a CB, SILB, NT, WR & OG on Sunday.

I would soil myself with joy if we ended Saturday w/ Beatty (or Britton), Barwin, Gilbert & Will Moore. We could then concentrate on finding a CB, SILB, NT, WR & OG on Sunday.

Give me an OT, Barwin, one of the 4 safeties (Delmas, Moore, S.Smith and Chung, in that order of preference but I really like all of them) and I will be thrilled. The remaining 1st day pick could be an SILB (or potential SILB conversion), Gilbert, one of the OG/Cs (Mack, Wood or Unger), possibly Casey at TE, or traded into 2010. I would be ecstatic with any of those scenarios.

The thing that LSU fans like me will remind you of is that Kevin Faulk was basically a receiver when he was at school. Think a bigger, less flashy Reggie Bush. He was a hybrid running back-wide receiver (as he is now) - he even lined up at TE and H-back, not a pure running back who flashed decent hands or anything. The only guy I can see as a "Kevin Faulk replacement" is Percy Harvin. But he replaces Faulk if he's a 1st rounder and Faulk is still really freaking good. There's better value in round 1 for the Patriots immediate and short-term needs.

That's a good thought and makes a lot of sense. Not a lot of RBs out there as shifty as Faulk with the same receiving ability. He does look more like a big WR.

Give me an OT, Barwin, one of the 4 safeties (Delmas, Moore, S.Smith and Chung, in that order of preference but I really like all of them) and I will be thrilled. The remaining 1st day pick could be an SILB (or potential SILB conversion), Gilbert, one of the OG/Cs (Mack, Wood or Unger), possibly Casey at TE, or traded into 2010. I would be ecstatic with any of those scenarios.

This makes a awful lot of sense. When I read well-thought out picks like this I always wonder why I didn't think of them..... This draft would be ideal, assuming we add a bridge vet (Taylor,Peppers) at OLB...Mayoclinic.....:cool:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back