PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Part 1 of series: Which of these FA linebackers would you want on next year's team?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Which of the UFA LBs would you like to see added to our roster in 2009?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Part 1 of series: Which of these FA linebackers would you want on next year's tea

Pioli outlined his vision for the Chiefs, and the direction they plan to head. It echoed the vision of what Pioli talked about with the Patriots in 2000. “We’re going to build a team that is a team; my job is not to collect talent, it’s to build a team,” he said. “Individuals go to Pro Bowls. Teams win championships. That’s our goal here – to build this team with the right kind of people and the right kind of players, and consistently compete for championships. We’re going to build a big, strong, fast, smart, tough, disciplined football team.”

wrong thread???

Re: Part 1 of series: Which of these FA linebackers would you want on next year's tea

You forgot Terrell Suggs.

Farrior for me.

Re: Part 1 of series : WHICH OF THESE FA LINEBACKERS WOULD YOU WANT ON NEXT YEARS TEA

The idea of Jarrod Mayo playing next to and learning from the best middle linebacker in the history of the game, is too hard for me to pass up. The other players are good, but Ray Lewis is a Patriot type of player. He "does his job" and he does it well. Plus the guy is one of the greatest emotional leaders of all time.

The patriots linebackers need to be able to shed blocks. Ray Lewis doesn't do that. He just whines it.

Suggs, maybe Dansby.

I don't think money would be an issue. The Pats have 20M or so in space, and several players that need to be renegotiated, and may have smaller cap hits. They've got a bunch of guys who are in the last year of their contracts (like Seymour, Wilfork), and those guys will be extended, and have smaller cap hits this year.

Re: Part 1 of series : WHICH OF THESE FA LINEBACKERS WOULD YOU WANT ON NEXT YEARS TEA

Suggs or Lewis.

Suggs because we need help with our pass rush. Plus he's strong at the point of attack and can seal the outside.

Lewis because he can elevate everyone's play because of his intensity and leadership. He may not be everyone's cup of tea with all his yelling and hollering, but he gets his teammates ready to play every single game. Plus, the guy is as passionate about competing as anyone I've ever seen.

Andra Davis ILB Cleveland.

Last edited:

I don't root for front-running murderers. We don't need any more LB's whose specialty is jumping on a pile and then reacting with a masturbatory celebration as if they had something to do with the tackle.

Give me Suggs. You can keep Lewis.

Cheaper options: I am intrigued by Angelo Crowell of Buffalo and Kevin Burnett of Dallas.

Crowell had 126 TT in 2007 (missed 2008 w/ knee injury): Angelo Crowell

Burnett seems a bit undersized for the Pats' 3-4 but has experience and played behind some solid athletes in the Big D: Kevin Burnett

Any scouting on these guys? I haven't seen enough of them to get a better read.

BTW: I'm totally in the Suggs/Dansby camp, but I'd also like to vacation in Fiji. Some things are just beyond one's price range.

Andra Davis ILB Cleveland.

Loved him a couple of years ago when he as a free agent. A little long in the tooth, NFL-wise, but still productive:

Andra Davis

We probably can't get Lewis, and suggs has big damage to his shoulder so wonder if that will continue. Guess will have to wait and see what happens

I don't root for front-running murderers. We don't need any more LB's whose specialty is jumping on a pile and then reacting with a masturbatory celebration as if they had something to do with the tackle.

Give me Suggs. You can keep Lewis.

Brilliant. Pretty much sums it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick