PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION Other Week 7 NFL games

I meant during the off season. Can’t make a big QB deal mid season.
I dunno know. Foles will be 31 in Jan. With that said Wentz will be 27 in Dec. He's a couple of years older than I thought he was. With that said id still keep Wentz

I dunno know. Foles will be 31 in Jan. With that said Wentz will be 27 in Dec. He's a couple of years older than I thought he was. With that said id still keep Wentz

I think that Eagles team believes more in Foles. I'm starting to believe those rumors about Wentz's leadership, etc. It's not the same team.

At 3-4 Eagles next game is @Buf.... I'm torn. As a Pats fan, I want Buf to lose to get more distance between them, but I can't root for the Eagles. Their obnoxious fan base got worse after SB52 and have been living off of that for nearly 2 years....

After Buf, they get the Bears and that defense at home. If they lose to Buf and Chi, they will be 3-6 when they face the Pats.......

I think that Eagles team believes more in Foles. I'm starting to believe those rumors about Wentz's leadership, etc. It's not the same team.
Yep i've heard that as well.

I'd also suggest he doesn't have the same level of talent surrounding him.

For example in 2016-2018 the D was 12th, 4th and 12th in PA. This year it's 24th and allowing a TD more a game than last year.

The running game....this year they are middle of the road. Last year the run sucked. In 2016 and 2017 they were pretty good.

Wentz may not be an elite enough to carry an offense but he sure isn't getting a lot of help

Josh Allen running upright fearless of contact because defenders are starting to worry about drawing a flag/fine is annoying.

I saw the same type of thing in the Ratbirds game. Lamar Jackson was running along the left sideline and the defenders let up, allowing him to cut back to the middle for another 20 yards.

I don't buy them as legit. They may not have anything they do bad but what do they do really well when push comes to shove? The Colts don't really have an answer to that question.

They can stop the pass okay, stop the run okay, pass the ball okay and run the ball okay.

Their best feature is how well they run the ball (stat wise), but that's deceiving. They honestly aren't that good at it and just play a lot of bad run Ds and choose to run the ball a lot as oppose to riskier passes. Not to mention their STs is also shaky.

I just watched a Colts take to the Texans and Chiefs in back to back weeks. That's the sign of a pretty good football team.

I saw the same type of thing in the Ratbirds game. Lamar Jackson was running along the left sideline and the defenders let up, allowing him to cut back to the middle for another 20 yards.

Kind of like Kordell Stewart did to Todd Collins (I think) in that playoff game back in the day ...

I think Devonta Freeman should be thanking God he's alive today.

Regards,
Chris

Eagles defense was the issue last night. That and (2) turnovers. 14-0 hole is tough to come back from. They couldn't stop Cooper or the running back. Wentz is a good QB. Could have won a couple more games this season if his receivers didn't drop a couple big passes. Also Jackson is still out. You better believe he will be back for the Pats game in November. Completely different offense with him in the lineup.

We all better root for the Iggles next week. The Bills had better start losing or this Pats team will be looking at a wild card. Schedule gets tough for the Pats. I don't see them winning at Baltimore. Houston is playing out of there minds right now too. How many loses on that Bills schedule? Not many...

You mean the Foles that can't stay healthy? The guy is always getting hurt

A lot of mediocre teams give the Pats a tough game. Even the Giants showed up for half of the game.

The Patriots are each team's superbowl. Beating the Patriots is a big deal.

Eagles defense was the issue last night. That and (2) turnovers. 14-0 hole is tough to come back from. They couldn't stop Cooper or the running back. Wentz is a good QB. Could have won a couple more games this season if his receivers didn't drop a couple big passes. Also Jackson is still out. You better believe he will be back for the Pats game in November. Completely different offense with him in the lineup.

We all better root for the Iggles next week. The Bills had better start losing or this Pats team will be looking at a wild card. Schedule gets tough for the Pats. I don't see them winning at Baltimore. Houston is playing out of there minds right now too. How many loses on that Bills schedule? Not many...

I was on the Bills bandwagon (sort of) but after seeing them against the LOLphins I'm not so sure.

I'm cynical about this 3 game stretch of the schedule that the Pats are beginning. How is it that they play back to back games against teams coming off their bye after the Pats play a division rival on the road and a short week?

Who made that schedule up anyway, the AFCN clowns who dominate the AFC portion of the competition committee, or has that changed to some other Pats' victims?

Kind of like Kordell Stewart did to Todd Collins (I think) in that playoff game back in the day ...

And we lost 7-6 on that day.......after Vrabel blew by Bruce Armstrong to sack Bledsoe on the final drive that appeared to be moving down the field for a FG....d%#*!@t...

And we lost 7-6 on that day.......after Vrabel blew by Bruce Armstrong to sack Bledsoe on the final drive that appeared to be moving down the field for a FG....d%#*!@t...
I broke my roomate's furniture that day. One of the most frustrating Pats loses I can remember.

That sucked. But a win would have meant hosting the Elway/Davis Broncos and we all knew how that was going to go.

The grapes were sour anyway.

Regards,
Chris

Another fifth year option disaster. They should have cut Agholor in March when it was already abundantly clear that he was not a $9.4 million player.

I feel like those 1-2 years where many praised Roseman went into his head to the point where he became a caricature of himself. Some of the deals in the last year were just comically insane.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back