PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: WR Calvin Johnson should win the Heisman

Status
Not open for further replies.

PonyExpress

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
So far he's the most impressive player in college football. Not sure what kind of pro he'll make at WR due to his enormous size (240 lbs), but for the college game he has outperformed everyone in the nation.

i like him..if he can slip to like the 11-12 pick and we can trade up somehow with a 20ish pick and a second rounder maybe and keep our other 1st while were at it would be great

at 6"5, 4.4 speed hes crazy..his a big physical guy like Andre Johnson

Remix 6 said:
i like him..if he can slip to like the 11-12 pick and we can trade up somehow with a 20ish pick and a second rounder maybe and keep our other 1st while were at it would be great

at 6"5, 4.4 speed hes crazy..his a big physical guy like Andre Johnson
He's 6'5'', 238 lbs; I worry that Johnson due to his enormous size won't have the quicks to shine in the NFL. We'll have to wait for postseason evals to get a full idea on him. But for the college game, he is the most dominant player at his position in the land. Forget Quinn, Booty, Slaton, Peterson, etc.

PonyExpress said:
He's 6'5'', 238 lbs; I worry that Johnson due to his enormous size won't have the quicks to shine in the NFL. We'll have to wait for postseason evals to get a full idea on him. But for the college game, he is the most dominant player at his position in the land. Forget Quinn, Booty, Slaton, Peterson, etc.

non sense..hes showing quicks and strength in college. Andre Johnson is 6"3 230 and ran a 4.3something at combine when he came into NFL. i dont worry about Calvin..hes the real deal..hes versing good competition and is playing well

I don't mean 40 time; I know Calvin is great straightline; I'm talking in and out of his breaks. I'd like to see his shuttle times etc. His strength is obvious. But the cat has no fat... he's going to get bigger. Can you have a 6'5'', 250 lb WR in the NFL? You may be right, but I'll wait before buying the house.

Last edited:
The man does catch everything and have tremendous talent, but he doesn't show the effort you'd like to see in run blocking. The man doesn't even try. Several times, after an INT by the DB covering him, he showed no effort to break it up or try for the tackle.

Can you say Randy Moss... or Antonio Bryant ?

and how often do we get that big name player that everyone talks about? lol Hes going to go in the top 10 and something tells we wont have a pick that high.

I love this kid. Big games against ND and VTech this season. However I also love Super Mario from Michigan. Huge game at ND and he was running downfield yesterday setting blocks for Hart in the Minn game. Only a sophomore had a good freshman season including a game winning catch against PSU. Hopefully the Pats can snag one of these college WR studs in the next few drafts.

When I hear about a WR with that kind of size the name Mike Williams comes to mind. Not saying CJ he's the same but it is a concern.

Troy Smith will win the Heisman.

manningham is only a sophomore so he cant come out this year but yeah hes a great fast talent too

Pats/Hokies Fan said:
The man does catch everything and have tremendous talent, but he doesn't show the effort you'd like to see in run blocking. The man doesn't even try. Several times, after an INT by the DB covering him, he showed no effort to break it up or try for the tackle.

Can you say Randy Moss... or Antonio Bryant ?
Johnson from everything I've read and seen is a team player with a great attitude. He's a far cry from Moss or Bryant, well-known malcontents. And Smith will probably win it, but if CJohnson keeps going at this rate he SHOULD win it. I'm freaking tired of QBs winning the Heisman, it's ridiculous.

Last edited:
If he's a better player than Mario Manningham then he's a very good one indeed!

PonyExpress said:
Johnson from everything I've read and seen is a team player with a great attitude. He's a far cry from Moss or Bryant, well-known malcontents. And Smith will probably win it, but if CJohnson keeps going at this rate he SHOULD win it. I'm freaking tired of QBs winning the Heisman, it's ridiculous.

Just another uninformed opinion if that person watched the GT Thursday night game a couple of weeks ago than he would know that he is a humble kid who grew up in a home with both of his parents and a discipline father.

He is a man among boys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft