PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Why is this Saints story not a big talking point right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
An example of this story getting buried: Yesterday, PFT had a story about the league continuing their investigation into the documentary film at the Browns game at the top of their site for most of the day. Today, they published a story about the league announcing they would not look into the Saints-Church connection and that, from what I saw, never appeared on front page of the site at all. To find it, you had to go to the Saints page. It got a total of 2 comments, which is a pretty good sign that nobody saw it. You have to wonder why Florio didn't want this story to have more visibility.

I'm no public relations expert, but I also wonder why the church reached out to the Saints in the first place for help in this situation. Sure, the Saints have a PR department, but what expertise could they have on dealing with that particular topic?

I'm lost.

Not to privy to the thread. From what I’ve read the Saints don’t care if the emails are released as evidence if a case is opened because they feel there is nothing there to incriminate them.

Like everybody, I’d have to read the emails if they are made public, to make any kind of speculation or judgement. Nothing to see here, for now....

This story could yet blow open after the Super Bowl.
Perhaps people getting paid off to sit on it ... we'll see.

Twitter is way worse than anything that I have seen on here. Mostly because you have kids in HS or in their 20s spewing everything because they hide behind the computer with no repercussions of their words..and the RTs and likes. Society in the media age is all about attention and if people don't get it on twitter..they say something awful to get that. Sad

I agree but hope it's because society hasn't adjusted to the new media tools yet. I think once we have click bait extremisms will fall to the wayside as we get more and more desensitized to them.

There were some of us Harryboy, DarrylS, mrspatfaninva, patsfaninva,Patsreign and others who could discuss and disagree without being disagreeable but there were some people....who would be like a hurricane...come in, do a lot of damage and be gone....
EDIT- and Drewski..... and others fell into the first category..

I miss it. Despite the garbage there was a lot of good educational back and forth in that forum.

I'm late to this show. What is the coverup about?
It doesn’t even make sense. There was a release of names of people accusing a priest of molesting them a few years ago. Someone at the church apparently asked Saints PR how to handle that release and the Saints PR told them what they thought they should say.

But the information was released, and neither the church nor the Saints stopped it. Nor is there an accusation they tried to stop it. Nor could they have as the information was not in their control and the media was more than willing to cover it. So the saints are accused of covering up a release we know wasn’t covered up. That’s the story. In reality lots of scandals are covered up that the media rarely talks about. Which makes this a bit ironic considering who was upset.

It doesn’t even make sense. There was a release of names of people accusing a priest of molesting them a few years ago. Someone at the church apparently asked Saints PR how to handle that release and the Saints PR told them what they thought they should say.

But the information was released, and neither the church nor the Saints stopped it. Nor is there an accusation they tried to stop it. Nor could they have as the information was not in their control and the media was more than willing to cover it. So the saints are accused of covering up a release we know wasn’t covered up. That’s the story. In reality lots of scandals are covered up that the media rarely talks about. Which makes this a bit ironic considering who was upset.

Except that one of the key names being released was known to the Church to be a child abuser since 1986 and was around children as late as last year. So this is a story where it's not about the Saints covering it up but the rather curious decision to even help in any way with this one. And though they weren't helping to cover it up, they are helping the Church to portray themselves in the most favorable light possible with the public, in controlling how the information is presented. I don't know about you, but if the Patriots were involved in something like this, I would pretty damn disappointed in them.

Mind you, I went to a Catholic high school and really saw the best of Catholicism, so I'm disappointed in the people involved in the New Orleans cover up and not the Church writ large. There are many wonderful people in that religion. This is just another ugly abuse of power that comes with the territory of all powerful organizations.

Except that one of the key names being released was known to the Church to be a child abuser since 1986 and was around children as late as last year. So this is a story where it's not about the Saints covering it up but the rather curious decision to even help in any way with this one. And though they weren't helping to cover it up, they are helping the Church to portray themselves in the most favorable light possible with the public, in controlling how the information is presented. I don't know about you, but if the Patriots were involved in something like this, I would pretty damn disappointed in them.

Mind you, I went to a Catholic high school and really saw the best of Catholicism, so I'm disappointed in the people involved in the New Orleans cover up and not the Church writ large. There are many wonderful people in that religion. This is just another ugly abuse of power that comes with the territory of all powerful organizations.
Yeshiva University covered up a known child molester as he abused dozens of kids for decades. Robert Kraft supports them and he gave a personal speech at that university. There’s dozens more similar cases in the news in Massachusetts alone that don’t get 1/100th of the coverage of the Saints. Like I said there’s real cover ups- but the Saints thing isn’t one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back