PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Why is this Saints story not a big talking point right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brady_to_Moss

28-3....
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I mean it's kind of a big deal if they are trying to hide emails that possibly could show them really covering it up.

To me that's a huge story but it seems it lasted 1 day and then under the rug.

Is it because of SB week? Does the NFL not want this to be true so hey..let it die and don't say a word?

On this forum because it will set off WW3...though I would be down for partaking in the discussion if it were allowed.

Outside world because the NFL will bury this at all costs. People will associate it with “the NFL” and not just the Saints. It isn’t a typical scandal where Fraudell wants a certain team to eat sht for public relations. This is a bad, bad story for 32 franchises.

Agreed, it already made enough of a mess when it came up in the other Saints thread, so I don't want to rehash it again here. But it is surprising that it fizzled out elsewhere.

Agreed, it already made enough of a mess when it came up in the other Saints thread, so I don't want to rehash it again here. But it is surprising that it fizzled out elsewhere.

Sorry I really didn't see that thread nor go in it. Just wanted peoples opinions but if you don't want that can of worms feel free to lock it Ian. I won't mind :)

Reactions: Ian
The downside to compartmentalizing/separating sports from real life is people will only care about a sports scandal if the implications have to do with sports.

The downside to compartmentalizing/separating sports from real life is people will only care about a sports scandal if the implications have to do with sports.

Very true and probably the reason. People will think it's outside of the sport and in the courts now (which is true). Just that if it DID happen. I mean that's almost Penn St level bad. Not that bad but still. (And I am a Penn State fan so i have been down that road)

Unfortunately there is almost no way to have a healthy discussion about any political, religious, or “real news” story anymore. I can’t watch it on television because it’s driven by agendas, sensationalism, and ratings gouging. And most news channels are just there to reinforce the opinions of their viewers. Online forums dedicated to these topics are the worst ****roach-ridden cesspools around.

Which is why the temptation is there for the discussion on a forum like this where you have generally vetted this membership to “regular people” who aren’t here with an axe to grind about these topics but will engage in them, so there’s a lot more authenticity and a lot less extremist views;, but I see the other side of the coin too, which has been well documented in how the discussions often degrade into cesspools, and then the attraction the board does become more about non-football topics than football ones.

Last edited:
Confident it'd be first story on the news if BB / Patriots...

Unfortunately there is almost no way to have a healthy discussion about any political, religious, or “real news” story anymore. I can’t watch it on television because it’s driven by agents, sensationalism, and ratings gouging. And most news channels are just there to reinforce the opinions of their viewers. Online forums dedicated to these topics are the worst ****roach-ridden cesspools around. Which is why the temptation is there for the discussion on a forum like this where you have generally vetted this membership to “regular people” who aren’t here with an axe to grind about these topics but will engage in them, so there’s a lot more authenticity and a lot less extremist views;, but I see the other side of the coin too, which has been well documented in how the discussions often degrade into cesspools, and then the attraction the board does become more about non-football topics than football ones.

Twitter is way worse than anything that I have seen on here. Mostly because you have kids in HS or in their 20s spewing everything because they hide behind the computer with no repercussions of their words..and the RTs and likes. Society in the media age is all about attention and if people don't get it on twitter..they say something awful to get that. Sad

It’s bizarre the Saints are somehow rolled into this from the get go.

Their team name is sounding like an oxymoron.

I'm confused - did I miss something?

Edit - Ah, I see. Well. There's hardly a public outcry about this stuff anymore, so I guess it's not too surprising. Feel like every month it's like, literally hundreds more implicated and yet the story always fizzles out.

What's the word on PJ? Has he been scanning the forum?

Honestly, I read the initial post and wondered, Why on earth would they be hiding emails about Taysom Hill?

Case in point, I guess.

Very true and probably the reason. People will think it's outside of the sport and in the courts now (which is true). Just that if it DID happen. I mean that's almost Penn St level bad. Not that bad but still. (And I am a Penn State fan so i have been down that road)

I used to be a Penn State fan many years ago. Not now.

Unfortunately there is almost no way to have a healthy discussion about any political, religious, or “real news” story anymore. I can’t watch it on television because it’s driven by agents, sensationalism, and ratings gouging. And most news channels are just there to reinforce the opinions of their viewers. Online forums dedicated to these topics are the worst ****roach-ridden cesspools around.

Which is why the temptation is there for the discussion on a forum like this where you have generally vetted this membership to “regular people” who aren’t here with an axe to grind about these topics but will engage in them, so there’s a lot more authenticity and a lot less extremist views;, but I see the other side of the coin too, which has been well documented in how the discussions often degrade into cesspools, and then the attraction the board does become more about non-football topics than football ones.

You must not have been around for the PoFo, or alternatively never went to it when it was there.

"Less extremist views"....LOL

(and I say this as someone who joined this forum as a Pats fan who had no intention of posting outside of the PoFo.)

You must not have been around for the PoFo, or alternatively never went to it when it was there.

"Less extremist views"....LOL

(and I say this as someone who joined this forum as a Pats fan who had no intention of posting outside of the PoFo.)

Never went to it.

Never went to it.

I assure you you are far from alone in that statement.

I loved the convo there. Made some great "friends" from all political stripes. But it was chock full of extremists views (of all persuasions) and was only slightly less cesspool-ly than the PoFo on City-Data, which is basically what a post apocalyptic world, where humanity as devolved over two generations and then rediscovered the internet would look like.

I have no idea what Saints story and I even listened to Shein on sports today.

Not the patriots so no one cares

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST